Military M416 Jeep Trailer KC Metro $550

jagular7

Adventurer
Selling this military 1/4ton M416 Jeep trailer. I don't know what year it is. There is no data plate. It has the lunette tongue so it requires a pintle hitch. There is no chain on the tongue but the military brackets are there. It does have the military tongue stand. The lights are 12v and use a flat4 connector. It needs some good cleanup and painting, all the panels look good. It has the military tires (NDT). 1 is cracked so I wouldn't go far or carry weight with it. They are tube tires and are holding air. Axle has parking brakes and there is the cable underneath, but there is no arm mechanism on the tongue. The drains are not there.
Located in Lenexa, KS outside Kansas City.

100_2023.jpg

100_2022.jpg

100_2021.jpg

100_2020.jpg

100_2019.jpg

100_2009.jpg

100_2010.jpg

100_2011.jpg

100_2012.jpg

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
odd...

Well...no clue? people are odd and the economy blows?? Last one I messed with was in maybe a little nicer, more original condition (marginally) and I sold it in about 8 minutes at a swap meet...and that was over 10 years ago!! I'd offer a couple ideas if you don't mind...
A: give it a quick sanding and hit it with some rattle can tan paint. If its one color it will be less "scary" to people. Don't try to disguise or hide anything...just make it one color.
B: If your not interested in painting it then don't get to bent out of shape if folks wish to "haggle". It looks a little...um, rough? Not being negetive, just offering an observation. Sometimes people see "ugly" and equate it with cheap or near free...
C: you may end up dropping a little more on the price if you do nothing to it. Personally I would list it at 5 and sell at the first 450 that showed up with something to take it away...But is it worth more...? Only to the person willing to pay more.
But in an effort to boost interest in it I will say it has a lot going for it. The pre-wired for regular lights is good and saves someone 20 bucks and a couple hours of their time trying to figure where to run them all! The drain plugs are really a non issue. They were junk from the factory. I would either cover them back up (if it were turning into a hardshell covered RTT type thing) or make new ones that work!
Stick to your guns and good luck!! BTT!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears