Military Spec Freezer/Fridges for $750 ea

cgalpin

Observer
I have one of these still new in the box if anyone is interested. No I never even opened it after seeing how big they were, and have been keeping this for someone but he no longer wants it. So if what Doug says is true it may need new batteries. It's in Northern VA. Make me an offer.

charles

Jwalker

Thank YOU Cgalpin,
Fedex delivered on time at least, sorry for the pickup snafu.This fridge is AWESOME!!! I have had it running a few days and have taken it on and off A/C power and from fridge to freezer and back again. The performance is great, no problem with the batteries either. They charged right up even after having spent a long time dead. This monster is seriously high tech though, and tracks the last 24 hours statistics of temperature right on its tiny little LCD screen. For anyone considering this type of ex-mil fridge, I would recommend it. I would think that it might only be practical for a fullsized rig though as it is 150# empty and bigger than a Hardigg footlocker. No problem for a Dodge Ram though. Oh it is not exactly quiet either, but that is not an issue for me.

cgalpin

Observer
Awesome, so glad you like it, and very glad to see the batteries were ok. I assume never being used help them survive. My wife thanks you for getting one of the items out of my basement. :)

The size is really the only drawback to these things so I'm glad you have the rig for it. It would have taken too much space on my defender and even my trailer which is why I opted to not keep it once seeing one in the flesh.

cheers

af_hat

Outdoorsman
Are there any more of these available? Even though I cant use it for another 6 months, I would love to get my hands on one.

TSN

Are there any more of these available? Even though I cant use it for another 6 months, I would love to get my hands on one.

I have one, which has more recently been used for the purpose of collecting dust in my garage, if you are still looking for one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78