Military Water Can sources

Tat

Observer
Response to the Snap on Toolman

Against my better judgement. I'll post a reply.

Off Road Trail Tools has an outstanding reputation for delivering quality products, awesome customer service and some really unique parts.

Many of those are award winning parts.

After doing some research to find out why Mike was upset. Here's what we found out about the vendor he compared us to.

This is the exact response that I e-mailed to Snap on toolman in a private e-mail. And I tried calling him as well.

"I’m sorry you feel that way.

I would compare apples to apples.

A few points that I’ll make.

(1) That’s like a guy coming on the truck and found a set of used wrench’s or ratchet. He pays $40.00, for something you sell for $300.00. Did you just take advantage of him?

(2) Those are used items.

(3) That’s way less than my cost. Now I understand why, he’s not selling new ones.

(4) No Greens.

(5) No Tans.

(6) No Smalls cans.

(7) He’s all out of cans. ???

(8) Not sure if when he’s going to get anymore. Per the guy on the phone this am, “They are really hard for us to get”.

(9) If I sold used parts, I’m sure I could sell them for less as well.

How do I know? Because I just got off the phone with him.

Order canceled per your request.

We’ll be here for you should things change."

End of quote;

Are we the cheapest? No.

Somebody always got something cheaper somewhere. But we normally have them in stock.

Are we the most expensive? No.

You being a Snap On tool guy & business man, let me ask you this?

Is Snap On Tools and it's franchisees taking advantage of it's customers as well?

dhally

Hammerhead
Little runt 10 liter Scepters

Does anybody know of a good source for the tan 10 liter Scepter containers? I have found one source but they are rather expensive...

dhally

Hammerhead
Thanks for the tip. I looked there before but didn't see the tan ones at the bottom of the page... seems like a good price to me!

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
1/2" NPT is the tap size, I did a thread on it some where

for the hose and shower head I used a muslim butt washer........as its a shower head and valve in one.

I keep mine seperate and screw in when required

05TacoMedic

Adventurer
@ReconH3- you mind posting up a link to the BQ page that has the MWCs?? I have been on their site and all I find are canteens and Nalgenes. Thank you in advance.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
The pricing in my first post was $18.99 per tan can. I just checked LCI and the new price is $24.99 each.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Does anyone know an in-stock source for the 10 liter/2.5 gallon Spectre water cans or another brand of equivalent form factor? Thanks.

crismateski

American Adventurist
If you are in SoCal, M&I Surplus in Pomona has these for 19.97 right now. Probably 30 in stock
IMAG0111-1.jpg

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
@ReconH3- you mind posting up a link to the BQ page that has the MWCs?? I have been on their site and all I find are canteens and Nalgenes. Thank you in advance.

It's been over a year since I last bought from them. If they don't have it on their page give them a call. They used to always stock them.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179