Mini 03 Trek Reunion Biltmore - Ashville NC 2/22/15

GaAlpinaowner

Adventurer
Some photos from a great time last Sunday. JP Parnell and his wife Kelly owner of Trek # 3 organized this Trek event at Biltmore with the LandRover Driver Experience folks that had their school scheduled for the same day. I brought #5 and Frank Emory owner of the Eden Prairie Winning Trek #6 met in Asheville on Saturday. We got Carte Blanche with the Head guys at LandRover including Bob Burns who orchestrated the Trek Events in 99/00 and 03 and has contributed so much to promote LandRover. We also got to drool over the Trek that spent so much time here on Expedition Portal that only has 15k miles and is the lowest mileage most original by my count one left. Matt and Scott you took great care of this one! So we were also with other Non Trek owners but we were given special treatment by way of several driving instructors and Bob and his Crew in a Defender 90 and access to the knarliest trails for only the best most competent LandRovers. They let the Treks go alone..... I had a absolute hoot of a time and learned just how competent my #5 is with Lockers and all. Best of all no one broke anything....I wish we could get some more Trek owners ...you know who you are and lets get a bigger reunion together for next year! LandRover NA Corp takes Trek interest to a whole new level....probably similar or as much to Camel Trophy for the UK LR side. Here are a few pics

Last edited:

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
That's awesome! Great to see such well-cared for D2s. Treks truly are a special breed, certainly cooler than the G4s IMO. `

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
WOW!! What a get together! Wonder if Aaron (in the blue shirt) remembers wheeling with a couple of those trucks from years gone by ;-)
Those are awesome rigs, and so nice seeing them reunited and being utilized!
Good to see Frank still 'addicted' too- lots of memories in those pics, thanks for posting!!!

Last edited:

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Very cool day! Love seeing the Treks out in the woods. It looks like they all have a different front bumper, which was the "stock" one?

GaAlpinaowner

Adventurer
Very cool day! Love seeing the Treks out in the woods. It looks like they all have a different front bumper, which was the "stock" one?

The 15k mile one is 100% stock and was not brought out. Bob brought out a White D90 and the Instructors all rode in each of the 3 Treks.
Franks #6 is mostly Stock. His only has the Front bumper swapped and a snorkle. #3 and #5 are both lifted and rebumpered.

GaAlpinaowner

Adventurer
WOW!! What a get together! Wonder if Aaron (in the blue shirt) remembers wheeling with a couple of those trucks from years gone by ;-)
Those are awesome rigs, and so nice seeing them reunited and being utilized!
Good to see Frank still 'addicted' too- lots of memories in those pics, thanks for posting!!!

Hey Dale long time no talk to.....I hope you are doing well.

David

nick325i

Adventurer
It doesn't look like the terrain pushed their limits too much but I would be interested to know how the slight vehicle differences affected their offroad performance. Same vehicle, same trail, same weather but different lifts, tires and etc.

Such as how did the KO2s perform next to the KM2 and how much did a slight lift benefit a D2?

GaAlpinaowner

Adventurer
It doesn't look like the terrain pushed their limits too much but I would be interested to know how the slight vehicle differences affected their offroad performance. Same vehicle, same trail, same weather but different lifts, tires and etc.

Such as how did the KO2s perform next to the KM2 and how much did a slight lift benefit a D2?

The pics do not show the real angles - it was a tough course. Interesting that even though we all had different tires they all performed in wet. My KM2s were simply awesome...lockers also created cheating....

MattScott

Approved Vendor
The stock vehicle is the one I had for a year while working with Overland International. What a pleasant truck, we received it with under 1,000 miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears