Mini Sportsmobile For Sale, one of a kind!

GhettoBago

Observer
Greetings all!

A very sad day... we are putting our beloved SHURPA up for sale. We'll be expating to Panama in the next few months and getting our van there is proving to be cost prohibitive...

She's a 1999 Chevy Astro AWD like no other.

Vehicle is located in Portland Oregon, I have an extremely flexible schedule to both show the vehicle & help in arranging shipping of the vehicle, delivery possible.

Her basic rundown:

Votec v6 (about 14 city, 20 hwy mpg)
AWD (absolute tiger in the snow, it's impossible to get her sideways, I've tried)
Automatic
175Kmiles, super strong runner, powers up hills & glides @ 80 with ease!
Entire drivetrain just serviced
Power everything (except seats)
A/C (needs recharg)
4" lift front & rear (spring pack rear, torsion key front)
Brand new Rancho shocks all around
Brand new BFG A/T KO 31" tires (new steel wheels)
Tow Package
Back up flood lights (wired to reverse)
150 Driving lamps (wired with foot switch for easy use as high beams)
All new lamps/lenses in the front end
Clean body, a few minor scratches you'd need to search for
Rear wiper/washer replaced & functioning

When I mention new & recent above, all items were installed/serviced within the past 4K miles, barely broken in!

She'll need soon:
Rear brakes
Possible power steering pump (starting to whine slightly)
Plugs & wires (doghouse installation, bit of a pain)

This van has been modified on the interior. She started out as a passenger van, and can be converted back by simply removing the bed frame. But for all intent & purpose she is being sold as a 2 seated vehicle.

A few of the mods:

2 plush, vinyl 7" think murphy beds that flip over into a hidden floor for stowage. They can also be set up as a couch.

7 Gallon on board potable water with a galley pump (not the pump shown in pics, much nicer one now)

Small folding counter/table that flips out from the rear.

Gear stowage racks & hooks.

8' x 12' Side awning, mounts to stainless hardware on roof rack rails (not freestanding, requires poles which are stored in tube shown on roof)

Additional lighting has been added, 1/2 of the map lamps have been red masked to reduce brightness during night driving.

I am sure I am forgetting a ton.. but certainly feel free to check out some of my postings of the build here on the forums. Simply go to my profile page and check out my postings.

Also please know that I am not a proffesional overhauler, though everything came out durable & funtioning, it is not a flawless camper inside!

I have tons more pics on request & can take specific pictures if you desire (serious interest only though please)

I am asking $8500 obo. I have a number in my head that will be the cut off to accept. At some point it would be worth it for me to pay storage here in the states, as my intent is to rebuild a van this way again in the future.

I will assist as much as possible in any shipping needs, but will not cover costs. I will deliver within a thousand mile radius for fuel costs & half the cost of a return flight ticket... one last road trip would help in my letting her go!

She comes complete as seen with all rooftop accesories if close to asking price is met!

I am best reached via email @ kevinbydesign@yahoo.com

Ciao!

b9342b93a1.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

83b779fb72.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

7f32282504.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:

spencyg

This Space For Rent
You could get significantly more than your asking price for this rig I think...certainly should move fast at this price. Very nice setup...and LOVE the MPG you're able to get with such a capable rig.

Kudos and good luck.

bikerjosh

Explorer
van

Did I miss the location?
If this is a 99' it should have the newer AWD system that drives the rear wheels most of the time then engages the fronts when there is slippage.
Nice job by the way on the build.
thanks Josh

Last edited:

GhettoBago

Observer
Thanks for the words Josh, it is the newer style AWD... all freshly sealed & serviced (sorry, shameless sales pitch wherever I can!)

Thanks for pointing out I left the location out! Certainly helps!

Cheers

SCRover

Adventurer
very handsome rig! never seen one lifted and doing so reveals an entirely different animal. good luck with the sale and, more importantly, your move to Panama-a-a-a-a-aaa! Paanama! (sorry, VH fan.)

labbe66

Observer
Hey Getto, you don't have any pictures on here of your bed in the couch position. Prospective buyers my be interested in seeing that. Very nice job on the van. I am looking to purchase an Astro in the very near future and I have been inspired by some of the details on yours. I might be interested in your but I need to accomodate a family of 4 so a lot of your better upgrades would have to go. Good luck with the sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears