Minor upgrades to my James Baroud Evo

agent00111

I've had my JB RTT now for about 4 years. I made a few upgrades today that have been long overdue.

1. The netting connected to the top shell is/was waaaay too loose. I would put things in it and it would droop down a lot and not give me a lot of vertical space. I ended up taking out the stock netting and replacing it with an netting that came with a folding aluminum table. So. Much. Better! It's nice and tight so I can put my iphone up there, mifi, etc and it stays taut. PM me if you need the model number of the table with the net.

2. LED light strip. the rechargeable/removable light that comes with the tent is something that I always forget to recharge. Once I added a solar panel on top of my RTT, that plus dual batteries mean I'm pretty flush with amp hours. I used an RGB led strip so I could change the colors. I've wired it so I can either use my Jackery in the tent, or a spliced extension power cable I made to run it from battery 12v.
rtt-upgrades - 1.jpegrtt-upgrades - 2.jpeg

Tomorrow I'm going to pick up the JB comfort pad as I plan on doing more winter camping this year and sometimes just need a little more insulation underneath me if the temps drop too low. Looks like next trip will be Zion over thanksgiving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78