MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

loup407

Adventurer
on my trailer, there is slightly more than 25“ fore-aft in the battery area, and it’s about 11“ wide…more room if you can fit between the slides for the fridge.
Hope that helps.

Request? My trailer is in winter storage right now and I won't have access to it until next week. I want to order a 200ah lithium battery that is on sale, but it is 21 inches in length and I am not sure how much space is in the battery/fridge box on the trailer. If anyone has easy access to their trailer right now, would you mind measuring the inside of the battery area front-to-back?

Silverhorse

Adventurer
Im thinking about selling this guy... two years old.. very limited use,, I'll posy more pics tomorrow.. ant idea on the value?
thanks guys!

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Those of you without a REDARC system, do not have a trailer battery charging system that CHARGES from the tow vehicle. The 7 pin plug provides a "trickle" charge but will not charge a depleted battery.
I found this module that I have used on a different trailer and currently use to charge the dual battery system in my Forester.
It is a simple plug and play system that delivers 10 amps of charging.
At $135.00, it is a good inexpensive solution.

bjohnson2607

Huge shout out to the Owner Mark for amazing customer service. My door was slightly warped on the passenger side so I submitted a warranty claim. Aaron Responded back to me within hours about wanting to get some photos so they could get it resolved. Fast forward 24 hours to a Saturday and Mark personally reached out to me even making a special trip to Tucson AZ just to come resolve the issue. We got the door squared up and had a nice chat. You can tell he’s very passionate about his company and really wants to make sure his customers are completely satisfied.

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Huge shout out to the Owner Mark for amazing customer service. My door was slightly warped on the passenger side so I submitted a warranty claim. Aaron Responded back to me within hours about wanting to get some photos so they could get it resolved. Fast forward 24 hours to a Saturday and Mark personally reached out to me even making a special trip to Tucson AZ just to come resolve the issue. We got the door squared up and had a nice chat. You can tell he’s very passionate about his company and really wants to make sure his customers are completely satisfied.
Outstanding!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

ITTOG

Those of you without a REDARC system, do not have a trailer battery charging system that CHARGES from the tow vehicle. The 7 pin plug provides a "trickle" charge but will not charge a depleted battery.
I found this module that I have used on a different trailer and currently use to charge the dual battery system in my Forester.
It is a simple plug and play system that delivers 10 amps of charging.
At $135.00, it is a good inexpensive solution.

How does that work when you trailer is plugged into the standard plug so your lights work? This looks like you have to wire up the battery on the trailer separately from the factory provided 7-pin.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
How does that work when you trailer is plugged into the standard plug so your lights work? This looks like you have to wire up the battery on the trailer separately from the factory provided 7-pin.

Yes it is a separate circuit from the 7 pin. I ran a wire from my main battery to the rear of the truck with Anderson Pole Plugs . Then a wire to the Redarc with pole plugs to connect to the truck. now the trailers charges from the truck.

I too, can attest to Mark's dedication to customer service. We have had some minor things looked after with zero hassle. They have always made themselves available for any questions or problems we may have had. For me, the peace of mind that comes with Mission Overland customer service far outweighs any advantage competitors may have in trailer design. That said, I do not see any competitors with notable advantages in design.

Last edited:

bjohnson2607

I too, can attest to Mark's dedication to customer service. We have had some minor things looked after with zero hassle. They have always made themselves available for any questions or problems we may have had. For me, the peace of mind that comes with Mission Overland customer service far outweighs any advantage competitors may have in trailer design. That said, I do not see any competitors with notable advantages in design.
The only gripe I could even begin to have is that the stove has no windscreen. I plan to Jerry rig my backpacking windscreen when using is but I think the stove will be next to useless in the wind without a screen. We cook with a skottle for just about every meal but we have so far used the stove to boil water for coffee and to heat up spaghetti sauce one night to top our skottle spaghetti. Would love to be able to use the stove more but we’re in AZ (windy ALL the time it seems like)

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
The only gripe I could even begin to have is that the stove has no windscreen. I plan to Jerry rig my backpacking windscreen when using is but I think the stove will be next to useless in the wind without a screen. We cook with a skottle for just about every meal but we have so far used the stove to boil water for coffee and to heat up spaghetti sauce one night to top our skottle spaghetti. Would love to be able to use the stove more but we’re in AZ (windy ALL the time it seems like)
This seems to be the windscreen we are all adding. Dometic 50236 Drop-In Cooktop Metal Cover

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

We ordered the Dometic windscreen. It works great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears