Mitsu 4x4 Van in West Yellowstone!

1stDeuce

Explorer
I was riding on the snowmobile trial along hwy 191 yesterday and saw a SWEET Mitsubishi 4wd van heading south into West Yellowstone, MT. Looked like a very nice setup for overlanding, and exploring in general! It looked longer than the L300 vans that I see online... ??
If I see it again, I'll try to get a photo!
Chris

Mrknowitall

Adventurer
The 3rd gen L300/Delica did come in 2 wheel-bases, but the swb is definitely more common. Even then, the lwb is only 95". The 4th gen is longer by about a foot across the board. Its no longer a COE front end, but looks more like my "fondly remembered" Aerostar. Either way, mechanicals are supposed to be similar to contemporary Monteros, pick-ups, etc. I've been looking feasability of bringing an old, exempt one over from Germany, but its still cost prohibitive (to me)

plh

Explorer
The 3rd gen L300/Delica did come in 2 wheel-bases, but the swb is definitely more common. Even then, the lwb is only 95". The 4th gen is longer by about a foot across the board. Its no longer a COE front end, but looks more like my "fondly remembered" Aerostar. Either way, mechanicals are supposed to be similar to contemporary Monteros, pick-ups, etc. I've been looking feasability of bringing an old, exempt one over from Germany, but its still cost prohibitive (to me)

Taiwan might be a better option. Lots of them there, most with diesel.

thedjjack

Dream it build it
My 1989 is almost the magic 25 years old.....will consider offers:wings: (photo is really old I had just got the hightop built and on updated bushguard and new rims)

Most L300 Cab-over-engine design are diesels 4D56 turbos not very fast....parts are easy to find. Part-time 4X4 with low-range. Best examples come from Japan. RHD. You can find a few LHD from Taiwan but less options and driven much harder. Very few long wheel base in 4wd. Conversion of 2wd to 4wd is not easy due to totally different "frame"

L400 engine up front, newer 4M40 diesel motor, Full-time and Part-time and low-range, way more power...long wheel base more common than short

more info: http://www.delica.ca/

4521ee06.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger