Mitsu Fuso Camper examples

potfish

The previous owner goes by drlee on this forum. I wanted a look at this with a view to buying but by the time I decided I was serious it was already sold.

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
His name is Dean and he just lost his wife to cancer.

His goal is to take the Fuso down to Baja full time and surf a lot as he puts his life back together.

View attachment 138409

WAY TO GO DEAN!!!

I think that is great to hear! When my mother died from cancer my father got out there pretty fast, and started doing what he always wanted to do. My folks always wanted to spend their retirement traveling, so that is just what Father did. He has been gone more than home in the year since Mother passed.

In case you ever see this Dean, good luck to you sir. I am a chaplain, and I have with the families of the dead, and dieing. I can tell you it is by far the most healthy thing to do, to just go and live your life the best you can. Your wife would have wanted you to be happy too. Hang in there brother, in the hard times, you can still do it. We never forget, but we can remember while we still live our lives.

Thanks for posting that up Doug. A very nice looking vehicle.

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Cool photo i found on the net.....just didn't know where else to post it. It's supposed to be an FTS but obviously different cab cause we get them in Australia with the headlights in the front bar. This is for the Thailand Defence Force.
Tactical+vehicle-rta.jpg

Mickldo

Adventurer
Camped next to us last weekend at Inskip Point.

The big pantec used to carry a Jimny in the back but he upgraded to a 75series which he tows on an Aframe......I think he told me that he's been on the road for 7 years in his truck....... not bad for something that started as n old removal truck for only $3K. Lots of custom hydraulics...even has a hydraulic Saturn TV antenna.
View attachment 136717

The NPS on the right was an old Ergon Energy truck so came with the really good hydraulic APE rear winch setup....then the owner ran some pulleys under and setup a fairlead on the front bar....pretty cool . The slide-on comes off for the extreme fishing trips with the boys and camping gear gets thrown on the tray.

I think it's probably one of the winches expo member, Mickldo would have originally set up cause they built all those trucks where he works.....they even run a cooler and if you've ever seen them, you'll notice they had a capstan on either side of the winch.....Ergon would use the capstans for pulling power cables. Sometimes they would winch for hours on end , hence the cooler I guess. They even setup the new trucks that have DPD'S with a lockout so that the regeneration doesn't activate while the PTO is engaged. IIRC these trucks ran the 10,000lb unit .

BTW APE winches are all wormdrive and they rate their winches as a lift so not sure how that compares to conventional ratings. What is the conversion anyway?
View attachment 136718

Hi John

It's been a while since I have visited ExPo.

This truck could very well have been one of ours. I'd need to see it in the flesh to know for sure. We are only one of the builders of these trucks for Ergon. There are several builders but we get 90% of this size truck. I don't think it is one of ours though.

The work lights on the head board could have been changed but we use Hella 1513 worklights not the square ones on this truck. The detail I can pick on this truck though is the underbody box behind the RHR wheel. When we do boxes like that (chainsaw storage boxes) we do the hinge at the leading edge or bottom edge with the latch opposite the hinge. These pics show the latch at the bottom, therefore the hinge would be on the top which we don't do with underbody boxes. The other detail is the bullbar. Most of the bullbars we fit are polished alloy, not painted white.

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
I've always questioned tyres on bumpers as the first thing that's hit in most accidents. But a could be wrong.

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Board Express

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
No shower or toilet my Barbie wouldn't go in that!

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Board Express

blackduck

Explorer
Gee we were all waiting and thats it!

Ok Alan if you insist
I was going to say I cant wait to see what it looks like once you've put some alloy singles on it
I was also going to go down the beige road but owen beat me to it
but I thought Id leave it to the rest of the rabble
BTW have you noticed the rabble is getting bigger - this is a good thing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78