Mitsubishi FE140 mods

bha4424

Hey guys, I just bought an FE-140. What can be done to these to help these vehicles out without hurting the gas mileage? I'm looking to gain power and bullet-proof the vehicle (oh yeah!) on a limited budget.
thumbnail

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Hey guys, I just bought an FE-140. What can be done to these to help these vehicles out without hurting the gas mileage? I'm looking to gain power and bullet-proof the vehicle (oh yeah!) on a limited budget.
thumbnail

Congrats on the purchase. You'll find it to be pretty bulletproof right out of the box.

Doug Hackneys list on what to do (and priority) is pretty good.

http://www.hackneys.com/mitsu/index-FAQ.htm

Ranked in order of priority:
One meter water crossing capability (raise vent lines for axle, transmission, transfer case, raise high amp fuse/relay block, etc.)
Air seats
Shocks for the three point pivot frame
Upgraded suspension (springs, shocks and rear sway bar)
DynaMat lining for the cab

bha4424

Thanks guys !

It will be staying with a 2 wheel drive, I was just wondering what could be done to help them out because service vehicles live a tortured life.

Last edited:

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Also is there a performance. Exhaust system for them ?
Just get a good exhaust shop to custom make you a good mandrel bent 3" system with a full flow muffler.
You can also replace the OEM exhaust brake, which will allow you to run a 3" exhaust from the manifold. Without doing this you can only run 3" from behind the exhaust brake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179