Mitsubishi L200 Savana (for Brazil

haven

Expedition Leader
L200

The L200 is mostly 1990's technology, but that doesn't mean it's less desirable. It's a rugged vehicle.

Rob O

Adventurer
Interesting. $50k USD for a 1996 truck sold new in 2008. :p

Also note the not-for-US Pirelli Scorpion Mud tires; look interesting as well.

Pritch

Anyone ever hear any updates about the Crosslander? Wasn't that vehicle supposed to make it to the US market by now?

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
crosslander is now Mahindra. THey wil be available next spring. 1 suv and 2 trucks. all will rin the same chassis and diesel engine configuration. Leafs out back torsion bars up front. Looking forward to getting up close and personal. Mike Lokey (outsidr) has a dealer ship for those here in Tampa.

Although I am not excited about Torsion Bars I am seriously going to be looking at one in the spring. It will start as a daily driver and we will go from there.

Pritch

I like the looks of the Mahindra pickup. Pretty tough looking. But the SUV looks like just another "take the kids to school" rig. Why do most SUVs being offered in this country have to have Soccer Mom Approval?? LOL.

A few years ago when I saw some images of the Crosslander, I was really excited. It had everything I wanted straight from the factory. Winch bumper, safari roof rack, A/T tires, tough as nails look....shame it didn't work out. I thought it would have sold well.

Plainsmuse

Adventurer

Lynn

Expedition Leader
I worked in Turkey for a year (mid '02 to mid '03) and just before I came back the company bought a diesel '03 Mitsu L200.

I didn't get to do a long-term evaluation on it, but it's definitely a nice ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998