MK and sizing

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
So, I've been rockin Mountain Khakis for about 4 years, pants and shorts. We'll it looks like they have switched manufactures, from Cambodia to China, and they have shifted their sizing by 2 sizes.... :(

38s used to fit me fine, now they are wicked homeboy and showin' my huggies off. Despite washing w/ hot water, I gotta sell'm and go with 36s. Just let'n people know.

Last edited:

Jellosh0ts

A.K.A. RedJeep68
has anyone confirmed RRDrum's post on sizing? Most postings here state they run really small, and MK's website implies "true to size". I'm ordering my first pain, and would like to make this hassle-free. Levis 42/32.. Thanks

c.nordstrom

World Traveller Extraordinaire
MK sizing is very interesting - I sell MK pants and depending on how one prefers their pants to fit, ordering a smaller inseam can work well. I prefer a slimmer cut for casual wear and find the 30-inch inseam to work great. If I'm out in the field, I like a bit of extra room and prefer a 32-inch inseam.

Waist sizing is a bit different. As a general rule, you definitely should go up by two inches. A 34-inch waist is a bit tight for me, but a 36-inch waist tends to sag a bit.

Naptown

Observer
Still for sale?

So, I've been rockin Mountain Khakis for about 4 years, pants and shorts. We'll it looks like they have switched manufactures, from Cambodia to China, and they have shifted their sizing by 2 sizes.... :(

38s used to fit me fine, now they are wicked homeboy and showin' my huggies off. Despite washing w/ hot water, I gotta sell'm and go with 36s. Just let'n people know.

Any husky guys out there need some pants? I got 3 pars of 38X30s FS

05LR3AZ

Adventurer
received an order from MK, (thanks Jeanne!!) and I ordered the waist size 2" larger than any other pant I wear.

Hope that helps. First pair I bought from them had to be exchanged, learned my lesson with this 2nd order.

I normally wear a 38 in most every brand, the MK's are a 40. Same inseam as every other brand.

Great lesson. I ordered a 32/32 and they are both a snug and short whereas that is my typical size for pants/slacks/jeans. My second pair was ordered larger and should fit great. Can't wait to receive it!

keezer37

Explorer
I'm gonna start ordering one of each when I'm deciding between two sizes and send the other back. Not really what I like to do, intentionally cost the company money but I'm sick of playing guessing games with sizes. Manufacturer don't want to use standard sizes, they can eat my return cost. Last time I checked, 38" is still in the same place on the measuring tape.
And shirts, forget about it. I've got extra large shirts ranging from 42" to 50".

Order both or you can order, wait, repeat.

Normally wear 32x32 jeans (they typically fit a little loose). Just received my MK's, also 32x32. They fit a little snug but fine. They ride higher and I'm a bit bigger round up there so I'm guessing that's why they're snug.

D

DKM

I just bought a pair of 33/34s and they are way too long. I used to wear 34/34 and thought that I would size down in the waist since I lost a little bit of weight.
The material seems different too. My older jeans were really stiff, which I liked. These seem thinner.

I`ve been thinking about giving Vertx a try.

math_godin

Observer
I just received a pair of MK Alpine Utility Pant 32X32 (that is the size I normally wear) and the size is all good to me. It's my first pair of pant that are as rigid so I will have to get use to this but it feels thought...I think these will be great expedition pants!

I also got a shirt (MK Oxbow Short Sleeve Shirt) in medium but I should have ordered a small I think. It's just a little to loose to my liking but then a small could be to small. I'll keep it but the next one will be a small...

Bhos

Adventurer
If you have big thighs, MKs just won't work, and they do run a bit small in the waist and seat

05LR3AZ

Adventurer
Great lesson. I ordered a 32/32 and they are both a snug and short whereas that is my typical size for pants/slacks/jeans. My second pair was ordered larger and should fit great. Can't wait to receive it!

So, got a 34/34 and now I feel like I am swimming in khakis. Three pair and no winners :coffee:

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
Just an update. Recent trip outdoor store, and 36 shorts fit me fine but 36 pants [still] fitting too small, and 38 too big :( Wish they made 37s

Ramjet

Explorer
This has been a common problem for MK over the past few seasons. I really suggest trying them on before ordering as every pair could potentially be different. 34/32 might fit differently than say another 34/32 of the same style. I have talked to a few of the MK reps and it's due to the fact that they have grown so fast over the past few years that manufacturing is not the same across all styles. Just try them on and find a pair that fits best. That's what I did. Love me some MK.

ScottReb

Adventurer
Second what ramjet said. I have 3 different styles. Different sizes and totally different fit. Their returns have been easy though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior