Moab Gathering 07'

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Great pics everyone. :jumping: Were the trails harder in the Land Rover due to the steering wheel on the right side? :shakin: Kidding.

98roamer

Explorer
Thanks for all the pics, Moab is on my list.
This pic is begging for a caption - I wonder what the dog is thinking.
DSC02394.jpg

OldSven

Explorer
98roomer said:
Thanks for all the pics, Moab is on my list.
This pic is begging for a caption - I wonder what the dog is thinking.
DSC02394.jpg
I know what the dogs were thinking, "mmmm :steak:"

rhodos

Observer
Hi all,

what a great time :) - thanks to all of you. Lots of nice people, fun on the trails, learned a lot and enjoyed it. Just arrived a few hours ago in Hesperia after driving on Monday via Capitol Reef NP down to Grand Staircase Escalante, then crossed Staicase via Smoky Mountain Rd. down to Vegas, up via Beatty into Death Valley NP and along Eureka dunes and Steelpass into Saline Valley where i relaxed yesterday in the hot springs and finally made it down to basecamp. Bronco did well on the whole trip - just dirt, pinstripes and a lot of gas ;-)

Here are some of the pics - i will post more during next week when i am back in Germany (last one is my sunday camp 50 mls south from Moab with a lookout on the White Rim trail)

bye, Werner

Willman

Glad to have ya Werner!

It was great to meet you!

You took some sweet pictures!

Can't wait to see more!

:jumping:

rhodos said:
Hi all,

what a great time :) - thanks to all of you. Lots of nice people, fun on the trails, learned a lot and enjoyed it. Just arrived a few hours ago in Hesperia after driving on Monday via Capitol Reef NP down to Grand Staircase Escalante, then crossed Staicase via Smoky Mountain Rd. down to Vegas, up via Beatty into Death Valley NP and along Eureka dunes and Steelpass into Saline Valley where i relaxed yesterday in the hot springs and finally made it down to basecamp. Bronco did well on the whole trip - just dirt, pinstripes and a lot of gas ;-)

Here are some of the pics - i will post more during next week when i am back in Germany (last one is my sunday camp 50 mls south from Moab with a lookout on the White Rim trail)

bye, Werner

Willman

ckkone said:
How about this

Chris buddy.....you got to much time on your hands!!!!...j/k!

Loved your 100 series by the way!......We need to plan another trip with ya around this pretty state!

See ya next week at Pauls house!

We will talk than if your coming!

:)

LAW

Adventurer
DaveInDenver said:
Those are called thumper trucks. They use them to create seismic waves that are reflected off the layers. Different materials have different reflectivity and impedance. That's how they find oil and gas mostly now, but also water and just generally get a picture of the earth underneath. Yeah, my old man spent some time at Eielson AFB back in the 1960s, I've heard bits and pieces about reflective seismology. Put it this way, you can also create a seismic wave using great big underground nuclear blasts and so sitting a Airman geologist in a little hut in Alaska, you might say, oh, be able to tell how big that particular blast was and where it originated...
yup, those are vibrators (thumpers are usually use an accelerated weight drop or oxy/acetalyne explosion) they kick out a 10-120hz sweep.. they are probably doing a 3d surface survey out there.

here is some data i recently acquired using those:
http://www.hipointreservoir.com/3Dvsp1.html
data from my downhole gear is on the left and the typical surface seismic is on the right.
i could go on and on about this stuff but i will spare everyone :D
sorry to hijack just wanted to share some info!

Moody

Needs to get out more
Thanks again to all who came. It is cool to see that there are people like me out there!

I just got my hands on my fellow teacher's pictures. If she approves, I will post a few of those up, and her sister who is the professional should have a TON. Those are the ones I am anxious for. She took photos of almost everyone's rigs...

OldSven

Explorer
rhodos said:
Hi all,

got a little bit time left before the flight and uploaded all pictures to a webalbum :

http://picasaweb.google.de/rhodosde/Moab07

If anybody needs some in higher resolution - mail me.

bye, Werner (flying out today, weather in Germany is cold and snowy atm :( )
Awsome shots!!! It was great meeting you, hope to see ya again:)

Scary... It's a wonder I made it out of there in one piece :)
IMG_4233.jpg

a9df47008a0b46bbb6cbba24b37463e8.jpg

2da596b98e7d4dfa9589f2d93060b026.jpg

Last edited:

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
Very nice Werner! Thanks for the great pics. And I'm glad that OJ's Bronco is safe and sound back in California :shakin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman