Moby1 owners?

jdillard

Observer
Well I'm curious if that guy had an actual problem, beyond anything psychological I mean. The XTR's look great and there seem to be plenty of happy owners, judging from the complete absence of a used market - but surely they can't be perfect. I'd love to know what problems people run across, either with the trailers themselves or the service or whatever. Not sure why that guy thought acting the way he did helped his case in any way. It would have been much better for everyone had he just said what the problems were, and how they were or weren't getting dealt with.

Out of curiosity, what is the average lead time on these now. The website says 10 months, give or take - is that accurate?

Last edited:

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
I think it would have been best if he had just waited for whatever mess he's in to figure it all out before posting his experience. Just sounds like it's taking longer than he'd like to have things settled. Which I can understand one's frustration.

brushogger

Explorer
Long timelines are to be expected on any custom build. As long as the builder is upfront about them (as you are) I have no problem with that.

Idaholandho

The other white meat
Well I'm curious if that guy had an actual problem, beyond anything psychological I mean. The XTR's look great and there seem to be plenty of happy owners, judging from the complete absence of a used market - but surely they can't be perfect. I'd love to know what problems people run across, either with the trailers themselves or the service or whatever. Not sure why that guy thought acting the way he did helped his case in any way. It would have been much better for everyone had he just said what the problems were, and how they were or weren't getting dealt with.

Out of curiosity, what is the average lead time on these now. The website says 10 months, give or take - is that accurate?

The 10 month lead is accurate.
Note - I called and had a fantastic conversation with Ashley(Owner) late last week with prospective build questions. We had a great 30 minute conversation talking about options, business and in fact build time expectations.
I have to say he was great to speak with and took the time to make sure I had all my questions answered and took his time doing it.
Business is good for Moby1 and much of their time is seeking out new suppliers, better equipment and future upgrades to their builds along with dealing with growing pains. He assured me that their quality will not be compromised and made me feel like an old friend while we talked.

Bombsight

Observer
In a nutshell the person in question should not be taken at face value and has indeed violated our community rules on multiple occasions.

Back to the regularly scheduled trailer content... :)

So, it's my understanding that if members of this forum give their honest review/experinces with manufacturers gear, trailers, service etc. .... they can/will be banned for helping those who are making expensive decisions as to buy or not buy those products of conversation?

Please highlight/paste the offense of that in question within the rules.

Chazz Layne

Administrator
So, it's my understanding that if members of this forum give their honest review/experinces with manufacturers gear, trailers, service etc. .... they can/will be banned for helping those who are making expensive decisions as to buy or not buy those products of conversation?

Please highlight/paste the offense of that in question within the rules.

Nope, not at all. You're welcome to post up the story of your experience with manufacturer, good or bad, sponsor or not. If anything we're pretty lax on enforcing the brand bashing rules (as the many tolerated "XXXX stinks!" threads show).

We do take trolls, criminals, and stalkers very seriously however, and will ban them if they harass any of our members. This holds true whether they are a manufacturer, or a plain old consumer Joe like you and I. ;)

Bombsight

Observer
Nope, not at all. You're welcome to post up the story of your experience with manufacturer, good or bad, sponsor or not.

Ok then ... Lets start off with the facts about Moby1 Trailers...

My experience was: No return phone calls, having to email twice on so many occasions, taking 14 months when it was said completion would take 6 months, 5 delays over a 8 month period and no real excuse ... the lack of business integrity was endless.

Currently, I am told by Moby1 Trailers to "cover my trailer with a tarp because they cant be responsible for further damage from it leaking" ... Really?!

9 by Bombsight Photography, on Flickr

... more photos of a leaking Moby here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bombsight/sets/72157649646578713/

You still feel like you were justified in banning the member who was trying to inform others?

Posting again, after being banned, is NOT a form of "stalking". Its just a matter of trying to once again, inform others of a substandard product.

We should all welcome this kind of member. Our hard earned $$$ does not grow on trees in our back yards.

west_ok

Adventurer
Ok then ... Lets start off with the facts about Moby1 Trailers...

My experience was: No return phone calls, having to email twice on so many occasions, taking 14 months when it was said completion would take 6 months, 5 delays over a 8 month period and no real excuse ... the lack of business integrity was endless.

Currently, I am told by Moby1 Trailers to "cover my trailer with a tarp because they cant be responsible for further damage from it leaking" ... Really?!

9 by Bombsight Photography, on Flickr

... more photos of a leaking Moby here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bombsight/sets/72157649646578713/

You still feel like you were justified in banning the member who was trying to inform others?

Posting again, after being banned, is NOT a form of "stalking". Its just a matter of trying to once again, inform others of a substandard product.

We should all welcome this kind of member. Our hard earned $$$ does not grow on trees in our back yards.

Dang that's a lot of water where did it come from, the kitchen? I've got a friend that is having one built right now and they are getting frustrated about the wait also. It is an awesome trailer I hope they've got all the bugs worked out.

B.J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bombsight

Observer
Bombsight, is that your trailer or the other guy's - the one who was banned?

Thats mine ... sad to say. I wasn't going to say anything negative as long as Moby1 was ethical in a refund or at least returning my phone calls today.
I was SUPPOSED to get an answer as to a refund or a bad business decision to repair it. Being as it is, I have lost all patience and hope that a Moby is all its cracked up to be.

You would think that when Ashley says he's going to call, that those with leaking trailers would be the 1st order of business every day until that problem is solved ... not so. As a matter of fact, we both feel as though he buys time buy sticking and moving with delay tactics.

Its VERY frustrating and tempers are hard to control when 30-40,000 dollars only gets you ignored. I'm sure he will come on here in defense but some of us know the truth of his pitiful customer follow-up.
If you haven't put a deposit down, you have total co-operation from him ... that all changes once the $$$ is in his account.

dozer2

Water damage

We sincerely regret the water leak issues, we have responded immediately, in fact within a few hours of receiving notification and offered to have the trailer shipped back to us at our expense, offered to do it next day even. We have extended our warranty repair procedure and we will do everything in our power to fix, repair or replace the product as quickly as possible. We will stand behind our work and we will strive to continually improve. However, we must have the item back in our possession to figure out where the failure point was how it must be prevented in the future and how much modification has been done after delivery. Bashing someones honest business on social media or forums in an attempt to bully someone into forcing your position or your hand or opinion is counter productive. Had several days, or weeks passed by with no response, yes some bashing and complaining would be warranted, but when the response came within hours, with a follow up the next day with a resolution?

And Yes if there is a problem, cover it so the problem does not get worse and become un-repairable, common sense. Again, we will stand behind our products and fix the problem as quickly as possible.

Yes timelines are long, we have repeated that over and over. It happens, we have been honest to the best of our abilities to stick with projected schedules and explain the delays. Anyone, I mean anyone who has started a small business and seen any manner of success will sympathize as to what pains and difficulties in timelines success and business expansion can cause. Heck even a normal decent human being can understand that life happens. You do your best each day, work hard, face the hard issues and at the end of the day go home to your family and give them your love and appreciate what you have been given.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle