Moderators - thoughts on creating a "Commercial Expedition Trailers" forum?

jays0n

Adventurer
I started reading this forum when building my DIY trailer a few years ago, it was incredibly helpful. Now it seems the forum is mostly just discussions about commercially available trailers that people have bought and either have questions about or have issues with the manufacturer. Those are important but of no concern to me, the DIY'er. Would it make sense to separate this into DIY and Commercially Built forums? Thoughts?

john61ct

Adventurer
How about "Structural DIY" ?

Since not so much DIY activity these days.

Cover the self-built trailers, as well as slide-on boxen to go on trucks, lots of similarities there.

But where the whole living space is a DIY project, not for just adding some shelving, electric-specific DIY, nor plumbing, cushions, curtains etc

honda250xtitan

Or just be like me and comment on the commercial trailer issues with the experience gained from my DIY trailer build....lololol

jays0n

Adventurer
Ha ha, I do the same and would continue to do so, just might make it easier to find the DIY posts in the sea of complaints about commercial units and manufacturers :)

furbucket

Observer
Separate DIY and Commercial Categories would be great

via Tapatalk on an evil pocket calculator with a flashy screen

REasley

Adventurer
I agree 100 %. I used to be on this forum with some frequency, looking for ideas, but now seldom. Nothing against the commercial built trailers, but just of little interest to me

billiebob

I'd like to see a separation of the RTT transporters vs the TearDrop/SquareDrop hardwall trailers.
And maybe a third category for Trailer Frames regardless of HomeBilt DIY or Commercial.

honda250xtitan

I do enjoy the smittybilt thread, those guys have done a ton of sweet modifications to them, its basically a DIY thread now. Does anyone else prefer to tinker with the trailer instead of actually use it??? lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78