Mombasa RTT Western WA - NorCal $400

Staggrlee

Observer
Selling a 1st gen. Mombasa RTT. The big one! Practically the size of queen size bed. Bought a Maggiolina to replace this.

Prefer local pickup but delivery along the I-5 corridor from Seattle south to Bay Area can be arranged when we go down to pick up the Maggiolina in the next couple weeks. Nov. 29th at the latest.

Tent is in great shape and the nuisance items have been taken care of:

+ New 3rd (4th?) gen aluminum ladder fitted. Trimmed to fit the width of the older narrower tent. Very sturdy, and I should know since as you see I'm no lightweight. You'll need an extension from Mel if your vehicle is lifted though.
+ Annoying tethered clevis pin rack mounts replaced with "D" clevis rings and a lock.
+ Replaced tensioning ropes and fasteners with marine-grade rope.
+ Includes the Mombasa kit to prevent side-to-side shifting. We've never needed since we use tie-downs under way to prevent the cover billowing and it stays put just fine on Thule racks in camp.

Includes a new never-used rain fly, the old one has a small blow-out where one of the snaps was. Cover in overall good shape with some nicks and one corner seam in need of mending which will be done before sale.

Here's one picture and I can shoot more upon request:

p1010776largesy0.jpg

Skim

Explorer
Very interested. I am in Nor Cal.

Can you post the closed and open floor dimensions ?

Also- any pics of the interior ?

Thanks,

Staggrlee

Observer
tjbliley said:
Can you ship to 23226? Is it still available?

Nothing is definite yet. Got a couple people interested. Not sure how I would ship it though?

UPS max is 70lbs. Greyhound Depot->Depot is only 100lbs. The tent weighs about 130lbs.

tjbliley

Observer
That could work. Just keep me up to date. Also fedex freight might be an option. I think you can use them from one of the kinkos stores or something like that.

Staggrlee

Observer
I'll check into shipping options tomorrow and respond here.

Jughead, I couldn't send you an email. You have the address blocked in your profile. Let me know if you're still interested. Local pickup is certainly cheaper and less trouble if you are...

photomike72

Observer
Hey!

Saw your post in the FS section and wanted to get some info from you on how you adapted the Mombasa ladder to the older style tent.

I have this tent in as new condition and plan to get the ladder+extension and hardware next week.

Do you have any tips on how to get this to work for me? Also any other tips on the tent itself?

We are overlanding the SWUSA in mid april and Im trying to get everything sorted out.

Thanks in advance!!

Mike Gibson
Richardson, TX

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Interested.
Would you deliver it to Tacoma? I have family there, and could pick it up from them. I am only a few hours away in BC. Let me know...will PM contact details or PM me here.
Greg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman