Montero: Clear corner lamps + raised cowl hood

Bdiddy11

Adventurer
Is it possible to get these clear corner lamps for U.S. Monteros?

chequered_flag_pajero_020_1512816628.jpg

Has anyone made/bought a cowl induction type hood for their Monty? Like this, but not as tall... just a small raise
s10_cowl_hood.jpg

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Maybe via ebay for the lights although most I've seen have been for the gen 2.5's which don't fit the gen 2's properly.

As for the cowl induction hood, Mitsu engineers have taken a lot of factors into account when designing the hood/engine bay. If you do alter it, just be sure you aren't introducing eddy's or other types of interference which prevents the air from circulating as freely as the stock setup.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
The stock hood is for the turbo diesel inter cooler which sits atop its engine.

Mitsu never offered a vented hood for the gas engined models.

Those lights you posted are for the gen 2.5 (NL model) not the gen 2 (NH) model. Important to know depending on which model you have.

Also in case you don't know, mitsu models are 1 year older than Pajero models because we get them a year after most of the rest of the world.

HTH

Last edited:

skids

Observer
Our Shogun diesel have them also, just a plastic insert, plenty for sale in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Our Shogun diesel have them also, just a plastic insert, plenty for sale in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup, your 97 is the same as our 98, I.e. a gen 2.5
do they have them for the earlier 97 and earlier models too? I don't see that as frequently online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger