Montero Gen 2.5 (NL) Capacities, Part Numbers and Specialty Tools List

plh

Explorer
I know I'm not the first to have their back handle ("lift gate handle") break. Some have MacGyvered solutions, but I oped for the OEM part (found it on eBay for ~$35). Part number took a little digging so here it is for the next guy MR230032.
Montero%2BBack%2BHandle.JPG

Commonly failed part. Same part number from '92 thru '06. Replace with same on my '05 today, and have replaced in my '92 and '93 over the past couple years.

TheMole

Adventurer
Adding the following parts I used to the list:

Cooling
CSF 3050 Radiator (all metal)
MITSUBISHI MB890985 Radiator Hose, Lower
MITSUBISHI MB660735 Radiator Cap

Engine
DENSO 3174 Spark Plugs, Double-Platinum
WIX 46308 Air Filter
FEL-PRO MS95709 Intake Plenum Gasket, Includes upper and lower

Suspension
KYB 565024 Monomax Shock Absorber, Front
KYB 565025 Monomax Shock Absorber, Rear
MOOG K90631 Sway Bar Bushings, Rear includes 2 (non-adjustable suspension)
MOOG K90635 Sway Bar Bushings, Front includes 2 (non-adjustable suspension)
MOOG K9232 Sway Bar Link, Rear
Deeza MSL128 Sway Bar Link, Front Left
Deeza MSL127 Sway Bar Link, Front Right

Transmission
WIX 58884 Transmission Filter Kit, Includes transmission pan gasket, filter, and filter gasket

TheMole

Adventurer
Happy to contribute. Sorry forgot to add the PCV valve below.

Engine
MITSUBISHI MD183547 PCV Valve

Also, just wanted to note that I converted the scanned copy of the FSM from mitsubishilinks.com so that it can be searched by key words. Please feel free to pm me if you are having trouble looking for a part number and I'll try to see if it's listed in the FSM.

ljense8

Adventurer
Fwiw, quite a few of these parts are available through Advance Auto Parts. If you do a quick google search you can usually find a 30% off coupon for online purchases, and any order over $75 gets free shipping in the continental US. Not always cheaper than EBay or Rock Auto, but it can be.

dorifto-san

Creeper
t6quzn.jpg

Another design for the crankshaft pulley specialty tool. I will update the specs tonight once I get home. Cost was $7 in hardware for the flat bar and a couple of nuts/bolts/washers at Home Depot. Took about 5 minutes to mark some holes, drill, and cut out the center with a hole-saw.

dorifto-san

Creeper
Yes, make sure it is the correct length, there is a small difference in length between the 3.5 and 3.0 updated crank bolts. Also make sure you get the updated washer as well. Add some extra locktite when installing.

ljense8

Adventurer
Has anybody had to replace the timing gear/pulley behind the harmonic balance? I suspect mine may be bad (should be able to find out this weekend) but have had no luck finding a replacement part.

jlocster

Explorer
Check this link for parts --> link

If you mean the crankshaft timing belt sprocket, see item #21 on the diagram, part# MD184194.

If you mean the crankshaft pulley, see item #41 on the diagram, part# MD368262.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears