Montero SR build (Pajero)

Montero_expert

Welp, it is something I really wanted for so long, found this SR for 1500, and couldn't miss that deal, yeah it got some "defects" such as a homemade carpet, an ignition issue, and missing seats, but honestly, for that price, you can't complain, I already got the 2nd and 3rd row seats, in a decent condition, only left to change the carpet, and some wiring play, but in overall, not too bad

Attachments

• IMG_0839.jpg
    IMG_0839.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 10.27.32 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 10.27.32 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Montero_expert

Cheap car and there is always a rock under the water, the previous owner absolutely abused it and never took care of that car, and I'm glad that I will be able to get it back, will delete that bent valve clean it that disgusting rtv and dust, will put everything new and fresh such as:
Timing belt
Water pump
Crankshaft seals
Camshaft seals
Crank bolt (updated)
Thermostat
Belt tensioner
Valve cover gasket
Spark plugs lube seals
Spark plugs (NGK)
Valve cover washers
O rings -
Trigger wheel
Coolant hoses
All belts
10w-40 oil
Temperature sensor
This monty should be waaaaaaay happier than before.

Attachments

• IMG_5698-1.JPG
    IMG_5698-1.JPG
    700.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5699.JPG
    IMG_5699.JPG
    867.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5702.JPG
    IMG_5702.JPG
    790.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5704.JPG
    IMG_5704.JPG
    652.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5705.JPG
    IMG_5705.JPG
    718.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5710.JPG
    IMG_5710.JPG
    818.4 KB · Views: 26

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
If you delete the intake valves make sure you dig out the bushings for the shaft. I've seen a few guys miss them and they get eaten by the engine later.

Montero_expert

So far so good, almost done with a big project that was going on for 3 months, getting all new washers, seals, and little rubbers, and putting everything back together, looks good from here, and should be done by tomorrow or Monday ish, can't wait to go on a trip on it, or hit the Elbe, (putting skid plates on) and going on easy trail on 31s, wanna play on stock for one trail and then move on 35s next week (putting body lift and suspension lift on)
GOALS for the next 2-3 months:
Full skid plates
Winch plate (order that from ADD)
Rock sliders
Get a snorkel
T-Case 3.15:1 (LOW, LOW gears)

Attachments

• IMG_6228.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_6228.JPG.jpeg
    509.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6229.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_6229.JPG.jpeg
    554.1 KB · Views: 17

Montero_expert

Update: Everything was back, connect and tried to start it, BUT, the battery had 10 volts, so okay, left it to charge for a bit, plugged in the jumper, and, it wouldn't start... cranked but did not start, it was chugging a little bit, it wanted to start but nope... So I'm really confused about the wires, because they look all the same, maybe that, but I'm ordering the cam sensor right now and will see how it goes, if that fixes the problem

Attachments

• IMG_6233.jpg
    IMG_6233.jpg
    542.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6234.jpg
    IMG_6234.jpg
    458.9 KB · Views: 15

Montero_expert

Okay, after ordering a new camshaft sensor, could definitely see that it was the problem, thankfully figure that out, phew, it started up fine, and runs and drives good, however, released the timing belt is little wonky, so I guess gotta adjust or reset the belt tensioner, that does not want to leave the garage (lol), I'm sure it will be much happier truck after all this process, and finally can enjoy the real Montero experience. IMG_6266.jpg

Montero_expert

Welp, these days the Montero is burning my wallet, I just picked it up from a mechanic, and in the next 5 miles I broke down on a side of the freeway, got towed to my house, and now it won't start, it started before without a MAF sensor now it doesn't with it and without it, so its been acting really weird, need some help here, can't figure a problem :(

MontySquareo

any check engine light or codes (i know it's probably obd1) does it run with ether? does it have spark? does it have fuel pressure? are the injectors firing? is the timing correct?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78