Montero SR build (Pajero)

CharlieNorth

A quick look at the front of the engine it is easy to see he cut the wires to the position sensors. He has hacked the wires in other areas as well. There is no way that vehicle will run and drive with the damage he did to it. Soon this vehicle will be scrapped, maybe someone else will get it and have it repaired in a day.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Holy smokes! Yeah, looks like some wiring gremlins were installed. I'd see about getting a new engine harness from a same year donor. I'd recommend pulling it yourself if possible to avoid getting another butchered harness.

Montero_expert

A quick look at the front of the engine it is easy to see he cut the wires to the position sensors. He has hacked the wires in other areas as well. There is no way that vehicle will run and drive with the damage he did to it. Soon this vehicle will be scrapped, maybe someone else will get it and have it repaired in a day.
Like I said, I did nothing with wires, and im the one who is trying to save this vehicle, probably gonna have to end up change the complete wire harness on this engine

Montero_expert

any check engine light or codes (i know it's probably obd1) does it run with ether? does it have spark? does it have fuel pressure? are the injectors firing? is the timing correct?
It does have an OBD2, which is weird because it's 1995, but, I used my reader and it won't read any codes, altough it does have a check engine light on, no clue how to read it though, maybe it does have OBD 1? not sure, I need to check that

MontySquareo

thats weird, maybe if you go to 4x4 wire through an internet archive you can find more information. they had a Mitsubishi forum that was a gold mine of information on the monteros, especially the gen 2 and 2.5

Reactions: plh

plh

Explorer
It does have an OBD2, which is weird because it's 1995, but, I used my reader and it won't read any codes, altough it does have a check engine light on, no clue how to read it though, maybe it does have OBD 1? not sure, I need to check that

It has an OBD2 plug, but a '95 is still a conglomeration of OBD1 early OBD 2 and Mitsu stuff. OBD 2 code reader wont work. Either need a Mitsubishi MUT unit or an old school Volt/Ohm meter with a needle and count pulses. Details are in the FSM.

Even my old '92 & '93 had the OBD 2 plug. PREPERATION!

Montero_expert

It has an OBD2 plug, but a '95 is still a conglomeration of OBD1 early OBD 2 and Mitsu stuff. OBD 2 code reader wont work. Either need a Mitsubishi MUT unit or an old school Volt/Ohm meter with a needle and count pulses. Details are in the FSM.

Even my old '92 & '93 had the OBD 2 plug. PREPERATION!
Oh wow, that's interesting, I heard about the paper clip hack, if you plug in somewhere, and you watch how many times the check engine light blinks, that tells the code, but I cant figure the plug that i need to use for that, maybe need to dig in FSM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78