Monteros on craigslist

normal_dave

waytoomuchwritinginposts.
Hey, I've seen that kid somewhere before...

That ad unfortunately has been posted all over the country multiple times. Gives us Montero folks a bad name. Bet you'll have to transfer money via Paypal, get the vehicle shipped when the owner comes back from out of the country etc.

Quoting star wars Admiral Ackbar "It's a trap!"

normal_dave

2003 Limited, 198K $ 3800 Kirksville, MO
http://kirksville.craigslist.org/cto/5755120834.html
Ok, so we all want an '03+ Limited, perfect documented service records, electronic traction control, and the 3.8L, at a bargain price right? Well if the ad is accurate, maybe this one is worth looking into.
Same owner since 20K miles, all service records, 3K oil changes, nice looking truck. Sunroof is out, but we know how to fix that one. If the service records are good, the higher mileage shouldn't be an issue. What say you folks?

normal_dave

The cosmetic condition is impressive, garaged most of its life? and nothing looks modified or tampered with. Looks like he's got a yard full of vehicles and camper, maybe the Monty was the spare? Don't let the miles worry you too much, it's a solid platform, and should be fun to service compared to what you're used to, and hey it's a color match for the Rover! for what that's worth.

Good Luck!

howirolla

Campfire Passport
The cosmetic condition is impressive, garaged most of its life? and nothing looks modified or tampered with. Looks like he's got a yard full of vehicles and camper, maybe the Monty was the spare? Don't let the miles worry you too much, it's a solid platform, and should be fun to service compared to what you're used to, and hey it's a color match for the Rover! for what that's worth.

Good Luck!

yea I asked about trades/part trades to see if I could streamline the process but he said he already has too much stuff haha.
still in conversations with him though. found out that the windshield has a crack in it, and the fuel gauge doesn't work.

yea I am pretty sure just about anything will be easier than working on the rover. while I can get it done, and overall its not actually THAT bad, I have defiantly worked on other cars that were much more friendly haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger