More Jeep Quality

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
This kind of thing is such a let down (from a press vehicle that a buddy is driving this week):

jeep_start_button.jpg

JEEP! GET IT TOGETHER!

alosix

Expedition Leader
Dude, its like that on purpose so you can more easily shut it down after you roll it over :)

Jason

alosix

Expedition Leader
Kinda surprised they managed to do that honestly.

Just about every switch I've ever worked with on a modern vehicle only goes in one way. Heck, you have to cut parts off of the dash cluster switches on a TJ to change their order or substitute switches.

They really expect us to believe that Jeep will do 240 km/h?

It's in km. If you look closer, it only goes up to 140 or so MPH.

Which leads to the next question. Where is this Jeep located? In Ontario?

And regarding the upside down button, it seems they've paid so much attention to detail, they've forgotten about the basics.

RedDog

Explorer
My TJ will be five years old next month. Granted it's a crude and elemental vehicle but I don't recall any other new vehicle I've ever bought that never had a single warranty repair required, nor a single recall notice ever received.

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
The START/STOP cap fits into the switch. It covers the keyhole for 'emergency' use of the key like a standard starter.

The START/STOP cap just fits in, it's up to the person sticking it in to understand which way English is best read.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrZbhNyoZTc"]YouTube - 2009 Dodge Challenger Push-Button Start[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle