More proof that Jeep is the leader in 4x4 overland vehicles

TreyJK

Where were any of us anti Jeep?

Oh just back a few pages.

Oh and Omar- OR Fab makes an attachment for the swing away carrier that allows you to use non-lipped jerry cans such as the one shown in your photo. I really like my carrier by the way
uhuvutys.jpg

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader

Omar, You have done a great job building to fit your needs and not getting caught up in the stuff you dont need only because it looks good. Do look into a compressor, airing down for offroad travel will benefit you and your vehicle in many ways.

What is your temperature range for camping in Sweden? From the pictures it looks cold.

Thanks again for the well documented reply.:smiley_drive:

kpredator

Adventurer
hello omar
was that an 800 mm. i spotted.
have you been to north america on a wildlife photography trip???
good luck
kp

grimbo

Explorer
Oh just back a few pages.

Oh and Omar- OR Fab makes an attachment for the swing away carrier that allows you to use non-lipped jerry cans such as the one shown in your photo. I really like my carrier by the way
uhuvutys.jpg

No anti just that they aren't the vehicle of choice for overland travel

K2ZJ

Explorer
Land Rover which art on expedition, Hallowed be thy name
Thy kingdom's been won,
Your treks be done, on earth, as also with Toyota
Give us this day your daily tread.
And forgive us our thoughts of other vehicles,
As we forgive those who post threads proclaiming Jeep as the leader of 4x4's,
And lead us not into non-winchable situations
But deliver us from being pulled out by Jeeps,
For off road is your kingdom, only you have the power,
The glory is yours, forever and ever,
Amen.

F#@k Jeep!

Really?

HKguy

I'm new here but I do own a number of Jeeps and must speak my mind after reading through most of this thread. A "Jeep" has been crawling around this rock we all live on for longer than most any other brand or vehicle out there, before there were rovers you guys were sipping tea in a Jeep, same way with the Vodka drinkers, and we all know who copies after everyone else. In terms of history Jeep has been there and done that just about everywhere there is to drive or expedition for that matter, now before all the haters start hating I'm not saying Jeep is the best, all I'm saying is that it made most of what else is out there a reality. I would give anything to have a diesel Rover,or a Hilux Yota. Unimogs are cool as hell with their portals, but I have Jeeps and that is what I choose to drive. I'm passionate about them but I'm not naive enough to think they are the best for everyone or for all situations. I really don't care what you drive as long get out there and do it.

FJC Scout

Observer
L..............O............L @ this entire thread. Fanboys are the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

marktutone

Adventurer
L..............O............L @ this entire thread. Fanboy's are the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha Ha you got that right especially the Toyota and Land Rover fan boys. They seem so Metrosexual.
In the military we called these guys PX heros.

marktutone

Adventurer
Just wanted to share some picts of my jeep with some low cost mods. I added a rack that I bought off of craigslist for $125.00. There are two new to me leather sports seats that I got out of a junk yard for $41.00 each. Installed two head rests on the rear seat. The head rests were $8.00 each at a junk yard. Last is the rear net over the back. I purchased $18.00 in rope and weaved the nets.
DSC01196.jpgDSC01193.jpgDSC01194.jpgDSC01195.jpg

grimbo

Explorer
Do you guys actually understand what is being argued, because it really doesn't seem like you do.

marktutone

Adventurer

You just don't get it. It is not the vehicle of choice for you but it is the vehicle of choice for others and the number of others is growing everyday.. Jeep has proven itself as an overlanding vehicle. The British military went through the Darien Gap with helicopter support and had a hell of a time in Land Rovers. Some common Americans in Jeeps made it through the Darien Gap in record time. There are many active multi-country expeditions in progress right now.

marktutone

Adventurer
Do you guys actually understand what is being argued, because it really doesn't seem like you do.

You know when I started this thread I wanted to title it different but I knew it would get the Toyota and Land Rover Fan Boys panties in a ruffle. This thread also showed me that the Toyota and Land Rover guys are bored in there section of the forum and they hang out in the more active interesting Jeep section of the forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998