Motion Sensors for bears

The best bear is a dead bear ;-)))

I can't even believe that I read this. And you call yourself SnowBear. You should change it to Snow A**hole. This is my first ever mean post but that's a truly unforgivable statement.

I lived in Alaska in the 70's. Spent most of my time living with homesteaders near Denali or working in the western bush far from civilization. I never carried a gun and I never had an issue.

I've owned land in Montana until recently and have spent tons of time in the back country there over the years. Now I do carry bear spray but have only used it when practicing with spray (it's a good idea to be familiar with it in case you would need it). Also, some people have mentioned pepper spray. My experience is that it has to be labeled bear spray to take across the border. Pepper spray is considered a weapon (or so I've been told).

Here's a link to what I carry.

http://counterassault.com/

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
:lurk::beer:

I am an avid hunter and even I think that was dumb lol
Almost sounds like a 16 year old that does not know any better lol

NOCIBUR

Keep a clean camp and carry Counter Assault and you'll be fine. Those people who have a unnatural fear of bears and feel they should bring a small arsenal with them while in bear country should probably just visit places where there are no bears. Anyone who say's "the best bear is a dead bear" is someone who has no respect for nature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman