Mountain Hardwear -5F down sleeping bag 775 fill

rc51kid

Adventurer
This is a top of the line Mountain Hardwear -5 down sleeping bag with high quality 775 fill down and Conduit Storm Light water resistant sell. The 775 fill was the best down on the market at the time. Tis bag has 27 oz of down in it! The SL Conduit shell was their best shell. It packs very well considering that it is a -5 bag with a membrane shell. It has always been stored completely uncompressed in a warm dry room. It has a huge thick draft color and zipper baffle and ton of loft It is a older model that i bought new when i was planning on climbing Rainer and some other peaks. When i did Rainer i rented a bag and parka rather than bring my own so i didnt use this one. This is an amazing warm bag but i live in Atlanta GA, not really -5 degree sleeping bag terrain. I have only slept in it a few times, no stains, rips, smell or dirt. It could pass as unused. I believe this bag was close to $450-500 new (just look at the price of a high end 0 degree bag with 750-800 fill). I will take SPF. . First I will take it posted gets it.

if you know about sleeping bags then you know that the colder the rating the more fill materiel they have and more loft. A cheaper -5 synthetic bag would easily weigh 2-3 times what this weighs. In my opinion the colder you get the more you benefit from high quality down.

Sio0jHw.jpg

RmsUqG7.jpg

ZP6h29r.jpg

BMUS52H.jpg

Last edited:

Nathansharkey80

This is a top of the line Mountain Hardwear -5 down sleeping bag with high quality 775 fill down and Conduit Storm Light water resistant sell. The 775 fill was the best down on the market at the time. Tis bag has 27 oz of down in it! The SL Conduit shell was their best shell. It packs very well considering that it is a -5 bag with a membrane shell. It has always been stored completely uncompressed in a warm dry room. It has a huge thick draft color and zipper baffle and ton of loft It is a older model that i bought new when i was planning on climbing Rainer and some other peaks. When i did Rainer i rented a bag and parka rather than bring my own so i didnt use this one. This is an amazing warm bag but i live in Atlanta GA, not really -5 degree sleeping bag terrain. I have only slept in it a few times, no stains, rips, smell or dirt. It could pass as unused. I believe this bag was close to $450-500 new (just look at the price of a high end 0 degree bag with 750-800 fill). I will take $265 plus shipping. First I will take it posted gets it.

if you know about sleeping bags then you know that the colder the rating the more fill materiel they have and more loft. A cheaper -5 synthetic bag would easily weigh 2-3 times what this weighs. In my opinion the colder you get the more you benefit from high quality down.

Sio0jHw.jpg

RmsUqG7.jpg

ZP6h29r.jpg

BMUS52H.jpg

Pm sent waiting PayPal information

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rc51kid

Adventurer
Can vouch for the Mountain Hardware Bags. We use them ourselves. Great price for this monster. I still have a Ghost SL -40 that I haul around!!!

They are great. To me if anything they are over built and crazy warm. If i wasn't moving and downsizing i would never sell this one. I hate to think what i will spend to replace it. Premium bags are so expensive. Between my wife and i we had 2 Feathered Friends, a Marmot, 2 Mountain Hardwear all in the 775-850 fill down and numerous little 40F summer bags . We already sold one 0F Marmot and now this one needs a new home. We are going to try to get down to one comfy "beater" for the truck and our two ultralight 20F bags.

PhillySMB

^^ Agree. I still use a -5 Marmot Gore-Tex/down bag (handmade in Colorado still) that I bought on pro-deal in 1989. Still looks as good as new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears