Moutain Loop Highway Day Trip

old1959

Yesterday I decided to use Mr. Thirsty (my 05 Tundra) to explore some hiking trails and to also drive from Granite Falls to Darrington, Wa. via the Mountain Loop highway. Usually I like to ride my motorcycle but with spring/summer in the air it was time for hiking. :)

old1959

I ended up hiking several trails and never completing a trail since I just wanted to taste a bit of what is available on this scenic byway. Also, if one wanted to camp, the highway has a lot of campgrounds. One thing I did noticed that almost every trail has the sound of water (at least during this time of the year with the snow melting). A few pictures.

old1959

I even found snow at higher elevations. In the end I had a wonderful day and highly recommend this route for anyone who wants to get a tast of the Cascades.

old1959

Sunday a Day of Rest

Yesterday was hiking so today was a rest day for the legs. To help with resting I got out my trusty FJR and headed over a pass in search of some white stuff.

Willman

Nicely done! I was in that area on Saturday fly fishing the Naches River. We headed over Chinook Pass after... Beautiful!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan