Mr.Roboto Shogun! My 2005 Montero Limited

TerrenceLP

Observer
Hello All! Happy to not have a Land Cruiser lol!

I'd like to introduce Mr.Roboto Shogun! My 2005 Montero Limited.

Here are the stats:
One Owner
41,ooo original miles (summer home car? rich people problems)
Like new and super clean, 3rd row still has plastic from the factory!
It's lived in Central North Carolina it's whole life.
All Stock.. Not For Long!

I have plans to get the following unless you all tell me otherwise -
- Curtis Tow Hitch
- Rocky Road Super Sliders
- Tires and Wheels - Should I look at 8" or 9" wide 17's, or same for 16's ? - Mostly on road with to trail and service access roads for now.
- 2- DIN Android head unit, relocate AC/HVAC controls
- OME HD Lift
- Roof rack - not sure yet
- Long way away ARB Front Bumper and winch

My last project was a 1987 Supra Turbo, pushing over 500 whp on a Holset turbo and Megasquirt ECU, So still in a rally frame of mind...with kids in tow. So thi is my stab into the Overland world.

So I'm game for things to do, stuff to work on and what ever! What are some good thread to read to get the gist of the Gen 3? I ask because I did not try to search, well I did try one "What are Monteros awesome?" nothing came up lol!

Looking forward to meeting up and riding out !

More to come!

EDIT - Not letting me upload images - "An error has occurred TerrenceLP! You are not allowed to post links."

I'll update with images when they let me.

Last edited:

Eric M

Adventurer
Looks like you could do with some new headlight assemblies, those are looking a little cloudy. If you want to extend their life a bit, one of those polishing kits with the UV hard coat will help. I don't really see the appeal of a double DIN head unit in 2016, especially when the trade off is making HVAC harder to reach while driving. Why do you want to get rid of the stock wheels?

TerrenceLP

Observer
Hello,

The double din is a Android Head Unit - like a computer in my truck, with Back up cam! But more for the Bluetooth and Google Play Store. HVAC is not that much of a big deal, I use it and love having, but I'm also use to never having heat or ac is my older cars.

Headlights are better now, but I'm on the hunt for a extra pair for the Projector mod. I want powerful headlights, coming from technology of the 1980's! Flip Up headlights rock!

As for the wheels, it's the kid in my rally brain! I want these in a 17x8 -

cosmo_offroad_1.jpg

rotawheels.com/wheel.php?id=12 -

Thanks for helping this lost traveler!

grandpa

That's a great find with low miles. Welcome to the group. There are a lot of threads with Gen3 info.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Hello,

The double din is a Android Head Unit - like a computer in my truck, with Back up cam! But more for the Bluetooth and Google Play Store. HVAC is not that much of a big deal, I use it and love having, but I'm also use to never having heat or ac is my older cars.

Headlights are better now, but I'm on the hunt for a extra pair for the Projector mod. I want powerful headlights, coming from technology of the 1980's! Flip Up headlights rock!

As for the wheels, it's the kid in my rally brain! I want these in a 17x8 -

View attachment 324616

rotawheels.com/wheel.php?id=12 -

Thanks for helping this lost traveler!

If you find those style wheels in a 16" post them up.

TerrenceLP

Observer
Update -

Mr. Roboto now had heavy duty floor mats front and back, a cargo net and a 2nd row waterproof seat cover.

<!--- Still can't post links? What do I have to do? --->

Floor mats - OxGord

Seat Cover - Viewpets Waterproof Heavy Polyester Oxford 49" L * 56" W Big Black Dog Car Bench Seat Cover for Pets

Cargo Net - Cargo Net with 16 Durable Nylon Hooks - Large 36" x 60"- Stretches to 60" x 90" by Grizzly Gear

Tires, maybe wheels and Super sliders coming next.

Any Trailer Hitch recommendations ? I'm leaning toward
Part #13800 Curtis Trailer hitch

And this is the Android Head Unit -
Brand Name: PUMPKIN
Model Number: C0252+Y0811

Thanks all!

vanroth

Observer
I have that Curt hitch -- It isn't any better or worse than any other hitch out there. Hangs too low in my opinion (although I may flip the receiver one of these days) and the powder coating was already damaged.

TerrenceLP

Observer
OK so the rims i want are going to hard to get in the states -

So staying stock for now - rims that is -

What is your take on a 285/70-17 BFG ko2?

It's what I want , they look great, but will it fit without lift?

earljuic3

Adventurer
Spacers won't help with the rubbing of the front splash guard. Ultimately I did the OME HD lift and 1.5" spacers and that fixed all my rubbing issues and gave me full u-turn back. Think I could have gotten away with 1" spacers but I like the looks. 1.5" pushed my tires even with the outer edge of the fender flare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger