Mt. Evans 14'er Drive and HH 17-24 July 2007

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
I'm in DEN a little earlier than expected. I'm planning a trip (as per another earlier thread) up Mt. Evans with wee one (or two).

Any afternoon from 17 through 24 July, preferrably Mon-Fri. Anyone still interested in this (I deleted the old thread :( ). Group ExPo pictures with rigs on the highest formal N.A. road.

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
Possibly, I'm heading up by Montezuma, where the Expo trip was last year, this weekend if you or anyone else wants to join.

bovw

Explorer
Went up Mt Evans a couple years ago, beautiful views. A buddy of mine from the service woks at that Natl Forest. Have fun!

bovw

Explorer
Martinjmpr said:
Just don't be shocked at the toll booth. I think it's $10 to get up there now. :mad:
WHAT? Natl Park pass was all I needed. Then I used it on Padre Island, TX, and then Shenandoah Natl Park here at home all for one price.

longbed

I think this Saturday is the Mt. Evans hill climb. If you go on Sat. you will see a lot of bikes! Just thought I would warn you.

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
Dude - let us know what you are thinking! I would love to meet some fellow ExPo'ers and see some Mountain Goats - compare similarities... heheh

Pskhaat

No prob. I'm trying to solidify a date here very soon. We have only 1 vehicle while here so have to convince the handbrake for me to take it for a while :)

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
bovw said:
WHAT? Natl Park pass was all I needed. Then I used it on Padre Island, TX, and then Shenandoah Natl Park here at home all for one price.

If you have one of the new $80/year passes that is good at parks, forests and NRAs, then you are OK. I have an old park pass from last year and it won't work AFAIK (since it is from the NPS and Mt Evans is run by the NFS which is not only a different service but a different agency - Ag vs. Interior.)

Pskhaat

Late notice folks, but I had no inet this afternoon :( and typing on my phone now.

How's tomorrow by any chance? Meet at echo lake at 5pm? BYOB

Pskhaat

Since DB was down and I hadn't heard back from anyone on this evening, I'll plan for Saturday morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78

Members online