Mt. Graham, AZ

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Last weekend I took a three day trip out to Mt. Graham in the Pinaleno Mountains near Safford, AZ.

Nothing special, just quiet time for me to relax a bit, read, write and kick back...and try out the solar panel I mounted on the Horizon Trailer/RTT.

I found a nice spot past the end of the road. Great view where I could sit on a rocky outcropping and watch the valley fade with sunset, read a book, relax. All was quiet on Thursday and most of Friday. Then the weekend "tourists" showed up. No campers nearby, just a half dozen annoying noisy ATV's. No wonder the greenies hate them so much!

Still....it was good to get away for a few nights. Two nights of rain, one clear, cool temps...it was great!

IMG_9744.jpg

IMG_9748.jpg

IMG_9755.jpg

IMG_9776.jpg

IMG_9770.jpg

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
cool. I was up there Tuesday night at the telescopes. It is gorgeous up there. You need to make a website for your feet pics, they are so fun.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Nice Ed. Beautiful sunsets :clapsmile

Why so formal with the feet shots? Shoes? And who fed the cats while you were away?

DaktariEd

LOL... :D
I got an idea a year or two ago to take a photo of my feet everywhere I go, whether camping, vacationing, or whatever....just to show that I DID relax!
So now I am compiling them into several collages....one is already proudly displayed in my office! This is Kauai. The next will be be camping trips and offroad trips...

Kauai-Collage-2006.jpg

:sombrero:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I haven't been up on Mt Graham for few years. I have done many family trips up there in the past. From your discription and pictures I know exactly where you camped. Sweet spot. I used to go up there and camp at the end of a timber road that went North about 2 miles before the turn off to Riggs lake. Just beyond the camp was a ridge overlooking Devil's canyon. At night you could see the lights on the highway between Saford and Globe.

I think that area was burned a few years ago. I haven't been back up there to verify that though. Now you got me thinking I should head back up there again. :) Beautiful country.

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
DaktariEd said:
LOL... :D
I got an idea a year or two ago to take a photo of my feet everywhere I go...

Funny...we do the same thing. Don't you take pictures of bark too?

Last time I was on Mt Graham, was on my street bike, to check out the fall foliage.

How was the fire damage from the blaze years ago?

DaktariEd

Kermit said:
Funny...we do the same thing. Don't you take pictures of bark too?

Last time I was on Mt Graham, was on my street bike, to check out the fall foliage.

How was the fire damage from the blaze years ago?

LOL...good memory!
Yes, I have a "thing" for bark.
It's amazing the colors and patterns you can find in tree bark...

:D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears