My 06 Tacoma TRD Build

sytfu510

Urban UAV
I love your truck! I'm torn as to what I want to do, lift and expo my 2012 taco, or trade it for a 06-08 Dodge ram with a cummins for the same purpose.

Thanks! The dodge would be better I think, more room, and the diesel engine. My lil yota is underpowered and small. But a supercharger will hopefully solve some of that.

HHIRunner

Observer
Vin was telling me you have some pretty sweet plans coming up soon. I'm intrigued.
Also completely random but wanted to let you know that I'm @yotamafia on Instagram.

sytfu510

Urban UAV
Vin was telling me you have some pretty sweet plans coming up soon. I'm intrigued.
Also completely random but wanted to let you know that I'm @yotamafia on Instagram.

haha nice! glad to see you on the boards! Your 4Runner looks good man, should hop on over to Tacomaworld too, a lot of 4 runner guys on there.

sytfu510

Urban UAV
Actually already on there haha but I only frequent a few threads over there.

ah ok cool!

Projects coming up:
-Powder Coating Skids/Bumper
-Brace Bed Rack to Frame then Powder Coat
-May Switch to Low Profile Roof Rack
-DMZ LT kit for rear OR Chevy 63 Swap
-New Stealth Custom Series Wheels
-Reorganize Gear

HHIRunner

Observer
ah ok cool!

Projects coming up:
-Powder Coating Skids/Bumper
-Brace Bed Rack to Frame then Powder Coat
-May Switch to Low Profile Roof Rack
-DMZ LT kit for rear OR Chevy 63 Swap
-New Stealth Custom Series Wheels
-Reorganize Gear

Sounds awesome! I'm gonna be so jealous of everybody with the SR8s when they finally come out

sytfu510

Urban UAV
What's all the creaking during articulation? Is it just the uniballs in the upper control arms or...? Seems like Tacomas always sound like they're tearing themselves apart on trails. I may be replacing my jeep with a tacoma as a more family friendly rig so I'm really curious what all the noise comes from.

Just seems to be the normal noises during off road travels. I believe from the body mounts just flexing out. And the gopro picking up a bunch of noise making it sound worse than it is. While I'm in the truck it doesn't sound nearly as bad as it does on camera.

Some Updates:

Picked this up: ( just the bare unit so I need to source a bunch of parts )

1383066_10152689535074517_72507946_n.jpg

Also got my Prinsu ( zscott ) roof rack on, still playing around with the configurations.

1981984_10152696151459517_1868369619_n.jpg

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I just installed a SC in a 2014 taco and you are gonna needs a lot of parts and half way into the instructions to install get all crappy lol. Hope you picked it up for cheap otherwise a new complete unit is far less of a headache

Dave_g

What is the make on your soft top? Might be buying a taco in the next year for the wife, but she gave me a hard pass on getting a camper shell but would be alright with an easy to remove soft top.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

sytfu510

Urban UAV
I just installed a SC in a 2014 taco and you are gonna needs a lot of parts and half way into the instructions to install get all crappy lol. Hope you picked it up for cheap otherwise a new complete unit is far less of a headache

yeah, I'm checking into it. May just have to sell it.

What is the make on your soft top? Might be buying a taco in the next year for the wife, but she gave me a hard pass on getting a camper shell but would be alright with an easy to remove soft top.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

My topper is from besttop supertop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater