My 2 trailers build

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
So 9 hrs on Saturday powder coating,
5.5 hrs on Sunday for assembly,
and 8.5hrs today. It's been fun but I'm ready to start using them. A few from today
7y9epe8a.jpg
2a6u7yru.jpg
juhagy2a.jpg
jene2y5u.jpg
amyvu5a9.jpg
ejenuge3.jpg
zajyda9e.jpg
apese6a6.jpg
jaqegu3e.jpg
u5u5ubyp.jpg

Enjoy, probably won't get back to them till Saturday.

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
It's been a long road...congratz on the progress and good luck with the trailers...hope to see them parked in some evergreens pretty soon!!:smiley_drive:

Sharpie

Observer
I have read many of the builds on here, including yours, that have used air bag set ups and still have one question: do you need a sway bar? Your axle ends are independent of each other and some builds are a solid axle, and three link/panhard bar set up. No one ever talks about using a sway bar and the question (as far as I have read) has never been asked. I plan on using the three link setup on my trailer and am very curious on how the swaying back and forth will be stopped. I know the shocks will help some, but they will only do so much. My setup will be more top heavy than yours and I worry about it. Sorry for the lengthy question but I figured with your awesome ideas you may have a reason for not using one. Your trailers have turned out awesome and I have enjoyed watching the build from the beginning. Mad Skills!! Thanks for any light you can shine on the issue.

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
Well there is the two bushings per swing arm. They are very hard poly bushings with a steal sleeve. There is no side to side movement when I try to move them. Even going down the road at 50 I will shake the steering wheel and try to get the trailer to fishtail, as soon as I stop shaking the wheel the trailer is rock solid. There is no unexpected movements from the trailer going down the road. Hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Uglyduck

Adventurer
GR, strong work man, they turned out awesome. Thanks again for your tips and I'm going to use you trailing arm setup on my next build. Your design makes it easy for the DIY'er to align the two spindles.

mtntrekker

Observer
Tyler

Your quote shows a 3/4" FPT fitting on the bottom of the tank. Will a garden type hose connection hook up to this. AT Trailer told me they use a 1/2" fitting on theirs?
I plan to hook up a 12V pump to the bottom to run water for shower and sink.
Love your trailer build. too.

Thanks

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
You couldnt screw a hose directly to it but you could very easley adapt to it with a shut off valve so you could remove your hose. The fitting on the botton of the tank is a female 3/4.

I also want share a web site that I ordered some 3/4" side marker lights from. Its asesupply.com. I originally bought them from AT for about 5 $ each, that price has gone up significantly. Ase has them for about$3.67 each. They are very cool.
ge8ezevy.jpg
just thought other home builders would like this.

Sent from my tab 2 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater