My '92 Subaru Loyale project car

CMiller

Adventurer
I've been doing some research for front bumpers lately with no luck for Subarus. ARB makes their deluxe bull bar with a winch mount for Suzukis which is exactly what I want. What I need to know is what the width of ARB's deluxe bull bars for the Samurai and or Sidekick are. Google is not giving up the answer so I'm hoping someone here can chime in. My Subaru Loyale is 61" wide at the front bumper so I'm hoping to find an ARB product that is similar in size that I can purchase then modify to fit my car. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Balzer

Adventurer
Finding dimentions on the bumpers at various web sites that sell ARB products and reveiws on ARB products
http://www.off-road.com/trucks-4x4/review/arb-bull-bar-22998.html
-
samurai=Overall dimensions are approximately 56" x 21" x 10" (142cm x 53.4cm x 25.4cm) overall width x overall height x depth to the outer point of the fairlead mounting loops, excluding the bumper's mounting brackets.
-
I would think that if you could find a vehicle that has a simular front area to your car and has a arb bumper available you would get a pretty good idea of what might fit. Vehicles with a low wide grill such as jeep cherokees and grand cherokees older (mid 80's) toyota picups and 4 runners.
Hope that helps.

CMiller

Adventurer
Thanks for your help! This definitely gives me a good starting point to go off of and some good info to ponder. Just a matter of matching dimensions as close as possible to make this work.

Balzer

Adventurer
yea the width of most vehicles is pretty easy to find online, finding the hight of the bumper and grill is a bit harder
quick search says a jeep cherokee width of 67.7 inches
so at least that tells you a sami is too narrow and a cherokee is too wide unless your willing to cut one down and reweld it but at that point it would probably be easier to build one from scratch
Good luck!
-
EDIT I just thought about the cherokee having fender flares so perhaps the front bumper is a bit narrower than the 67.7" listed as the width

CMiller

Adventurer
That's what I'm trying to find out is the actual front end width. Alot of stats that I've found on Google take it from the fender flares which I don't care about. So if the Sammy is too narrow, maybe the Sidekick is a bit wider?

Its looking like an '84-'85 Toyota pickup might just fit the bill at 63" wide. Hmmm...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998