My Box

Good morning guys.
I present to you my Cell. I am going to lower my height by 5 centimeters. My colleagues advise me to lower my height as much as possible.

Attachments

• PC RXI-00624_FERNANDO ORTUÑO V2 (1).pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 44

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Some observations/questions...

From what I can see, the sloped section at the rear of the camper does not give any benefit, like increasing the departure angle.
If the rear were square, the box build would be simpler and you would end up with more internal space.

I have the previous model, so I may well be wrong, but the front of your box seems to be very close to the cab.
Just double check that you have enough clearance and that radiant heat is not going to be an issue with your composite panels.

Are your plans to only have a single spare wheel and to use the existing OEM location for it?
There's nothing wrong with that, but be mindful that it will affect your departure angle.

Is your truck right or left hand drive?

From what I can see, the sloped section at the rear of the camper does not give any benefit, like increasing the departure angle.
If the rear were square, the box build would be simpler and you would end up with more internal space.

I have the previous model, so I may well be wrong, but the front of your box seems to be very close to the cab.
Just double check that you have enough clearance and that radiant heat is not going to be an issue with your composite panels.

Are your plans to only have a single spare wheel and to use the existing OEM location for it?
There's nothing wrong with that, but be mindful that it will affect your departure angle.

I don't know exactly the distance but the panels are 6.5cm and thermally they are very good, on the outside I have a honeycomb panel that gives more consistency, (in principle I think the gap is enough but I will tell the person in charge) it is a company with a long history and a lot of experience that manufactures and supplies cell panels all over the world.
The spare wheels are in the back very similar to these.
left steering wheel Europe

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-12-20 at 15.32.42.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-20 at 15.32.42.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 8
I need to polish the distances a little, this is the first plan, I have to modify the total interior height that I am going to change to 205 and the aerodynamics of the front hump.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-12-20 at 15.24.27.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-20 at 15.24.27.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 16
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-12-20 at 15.17.11.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-20 at 15.17.11.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 16
II have 2 spare wheels, the same system as the one in the photo.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-12-24 at 18.03.06.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-24 at 18.03.06.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 9

I forgot the wedge rear section, it provides departure angle, since the box with 4630 external measurement is already very limited.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I forgot the wedge rear section, it provides departure angle, since the box with 4630 external measurement is already very limited.
I still do not see that the wedge at the rear will have any advantage. See below.

Ramp_Angle.jpg

I based all of my comments with the images you supplied in mind, which show a single spare wheel mounted under the vehicle.

I do not know what the rules/regulations are in your country, but in Australia we have what is often referred to as "the 60% rule".
This rule stipulates that the maximum overhang at the rear is no more than 60% of the wheelbase.
In your case, with a wheelbase of 3415mm, the maximum allowed behind the centre of the rear axle would be 2049mm.
As you have drawn the box above, that would be fine, but adding a spare wheel carrier and tyres to the rear would most likely exceed that length.

As mentioned previously, I have a similar truck setup. My box is 4450mm long, which was the maximum length I could have to comply with the 60% rule (and have spare wheels at the rear).
The 60% rule may not be applicable to you in your country, but bear in mind that if you have excess weight behind the rear axle, the handing of the truck can be significantly affected.

You did not say if the truck is left or right hand drive.

Reactions: mog

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
You might want to confirm the height of the passthru cutout in the camper body too, as it looks a little high to me.
From all of the Fuso passthru configurations I have seen, most people use the top edge of the truck's rear window as the guide.

I still do not see that the wedge at the rear will have any advantage. See below.

View attachment 812026

I based all of my comments with the images you supplied in mind, which show a single spare wheel mounted under the vehicle.

I do not know what the rules/regulations are in your country, but in Australia we have what is often referred to as "the 60% rule".
This rule stipulates that the maximum overhang at the rear is no more than 60% of the wheelbase.
In your case, with a wheelbase of 3415mm, the maximum allowed behind the centre of the rear axle would be 2049mm.
As you have drawn the box above, that would be fine, but adding a spare wheel carrier and tyres to the rear would most likely exceed that length.

As mentioned previously, I have a similar truck setup. My box is 4450mm long, which was the maximum length I could have to comply with the 60% rule (and have spare wheels at the rear).
The 60% rule may not be applicable to you in your country, but bear in mind that if you have excess weight behind the rear axle, the handing of the truck can be significantly affected.

You did not say if the truck is left or right hand drive.
I forgot to tell you that my chassis has been cut, but the engineer did not do it when it came to overlapping the cell on top.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-09-28 at 17.08.20.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-28 at 17.08.20.jpeg
    579.9 KB · Views: 20
You might want to confirm the height of the passthru cutout in the camper body too, as it looks a little high to me.
From all of the Fuso passthru configurations I have seen, most people use the top edge of the truck's rear window as the guide.
I had already noticed this exact detail, I let the engineer know,
hand drive the translator did not understand it previously.
In Spain the maximum vehicle capacity from the center of the last axle is the attached image of the technical sheet, it is strange that they are more permissive than in Australia, here the MOTs do not even let you put in an extra screw
I'm going to the limit by the hair
What do you think about 205cm for cell interior? My problem is that I am 184 tall and I don't want to feel overwhelmed.

Attachments

• 20230829135256007 (4).pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 6

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
hand drive the translator did not understand it previously
What side of the truck is the steering wheel on; right or left?
What do you think about 205cm for cell interior?
It's your truck, so that is a decision only you can make.
Having said that, there is another option, that being to have a stepped subframe and a stepped floor in the camper.
That could give you more headroom in 80% of the camper and probably a lower overall height too.

What side of the truck is the steering wheel on; right or left?

It's your truck, so that is a decision only you can make.
Having said that, there is another option, that being to have a stepped subframe and a stepped floor in the camper.
That could give you more headroom in 80% of the camper and probably a lower overall height too.
left hand drive, the second option is not viable, we have a just one sub-chasis and free torsion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan