My Camper

kcatto

amazing build... it is a shame you had to paint it, the epoxied wood looked really good, but it does look better now....

AKSleeper

Sorry about the complete lack of updates folks. Winter in Alaska has put a bit of a damper on camper construction. I think ill be adding a "gut strap" style bungee to pull the material in as it closes, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I was diggin' the epoxy look too, but I wanted to ad the rubberized coating for an added layer of protection.

Thanks for all of the positive feedback, and Ill be updating this more often again.

ober27

Adventurer
I assumed winter put construction on hold. Here in northern Minnesota we're just just starting to see significant snow melting, still 36" of ice one some lakes.
I look forward to seeing more photos and updates as you continue this build.
Darin

BCHauler

Adventurer
Really neat build. This might be a silly question, but given that you are in Alaska, how are you planning on insulating the camper? Not having a bottom, the un-insulated steel of the pickup bed will radiate quite a chill in cool weather I would think. What if you installed a plastic bed liner and backed the sides of it with some form of insulation?

AKSleeper

Going to throw a sheet of plywood into the bottom of the truck covered in outdoor carpet the insulation will come from "stuff" by the time the camper is loaded there's going to be enough stuff stuck under the couch and counter that the only space will be the walkway down the middle of the truck. The beauty of building your own, is if it doesn't work then I can fix it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior