My colorado

elgrandan

Hi guys. Im Daniel from Quebec Canada, yep im a french canadain!!
Ive been looking and reading on this forum for a few months now.
you realy give me some inspirations and ideas for trips in the next few years.

Here is my small truck. Chevy Clolrado 2007 Z71 L5 3.7L Completely stock ( now)
You will notice that i have a different set of wheel for winter, because in Quebec its against the law to drive on 4 season tires in winter, and sometimes it can be dangerous too.

1: on a logging road in Chic chocs park in Gaspésie (Qc)
réserve%20chic%20choc.jpg

2: on an old road to an old mine in Chic Chocs park in Gaspésie (Qc)
mines%20madeleine%20%202.JPG

3: on the side of a small lake in the Gaspésie park (Qc)
petit%20lac%20cascapédia1.jpg

elgrandan

Winter time now.
Heres a few pics from a few years ago. on some backcountry roads to few hiking trails.

DSCF0059.JPG

DSCF0082.JPG

DSCF0005.JPG

FAW3

Adventurer
Hey, welcome! I am starting to read posts about the Colorado as my ol '95 chevy pick up is starting to fight me at times and I am starting to think mid-size.

Last summer we spent about 4 weeks touring the Gaspésie region, did the full circle route and cut across also. What a beautiful area and your national park are fantastic! We had our RV and our Jeep JK for some off pavement trips....really enjoyed the gravel roads in the interior.

Thanks for the snow shots! When we were driving around you can't help notice the houses typically have small windows and huge stacks of firewood...also you can't help but notice the side road markers are like 8 feet tall...now I see why!

Capt Sport

Adventurer
That's a purty truck ya got there.

I almost went with a Colorado when I bought mine, other than a little light in the tow rating they are a very nice and comfortable truck.

elgrandan

Thanks everyone for the welcome.
The snow pics are from 08 winter, the winter that we had record snow fall around here, up to 5 feet of unpacked snow in the forest.
This year sucks we only got a feet or two depending where you are.
But that mean that all the closed backroad will open sooner :bike_rider:

I will post pictures of the future minor modification ok my truck on this thread.

elgrandan

Hey there. Its been a long time since i've posted something here.
I Show you my 12v cooler that i got a few years ago. Its A Mobicool 35l Cooler. it have no temperature control but its nice for the temperature range we got up there(in the manual they claim in can cool 15c cooler than the ambient temp). It also can be plugged in a standard 120v outlet when you get a campsite with a minimum of service... and for 90$ on sale i think its a good deal.

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

wyojoe

Adventurer
Sharp looking truck there!

I agree with nmatcek. Good looking truck, and fantastic scenery.
I've been watching all the Colorado threads getting ideas for my '05 Z71 4x4 Crew Cab, and I've done a few things to it, but haven't posted a thread of my own yet. I've gotten a lot of great ideas for my truck from this forum.

I think the Colorado is a great platform for a smaller truck, and it's a shame there hasn't been more aftermarket support for it. I did see an article in one of the magazines recently about a Colorado build. There was mention of an ARB air locker for the front differential! I hadn't seen anything along these lines before that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman