My Disco Builds

timmy!!!!!!!

Explorer
Dude, you drive a rig with a white roof. How much better heat reduction can you have? Try having a dark blue or black roof. Won't the black flooring soak up the sun?

I figure it would provide a little bit of air cushion like the old tropical tops on the series trucks. Plus I have heard that the flooring does that. Oh well it looks cool.

Achampagne: thanks for the kind words.

Matt Scott: I will let you know what I decide on the lights.

burn_e

Adventurer
I figure it would provide a little bit of air cushion like the old tropical tops on the series trucks. Plus I have heard that the flooring does that. Oh well it looks cool.

Achampagne: thanks for the kind words.

Matt Scott: I will let you know what I decide on the lights.

jrose is right. Had the same idea and intention. Full length roof rack with (black) plywood flooring.

Result was that the wood collected and radiated so much heat, that it was better to remove it. Might work well with a bright (white) board.

timmy!!!!!!!

Explorer
So far I have been diggin the full length flooring and it has helped keep the truck a little bit cooler in the heat of New orleans

I also ordered some stuff to try out from Expedition Exchange and will let everyone know how it works out.

5039983938_0f7c2fba25_z.jpg

jeff_wright

Adventurer
I'll be excited to hear about the K-seal since I've been having to top-off occasionally. Does yours have noticeable leaking Tim, or are you just using it thinking it will help regardless?

timmy!!!!!!!

Explorer
I sold the tires and wheels last year to help fund my RTE front bumper. Kinda wish I had the steelies again but I want the solid 110 wheels next and that is pretty far down the list on stuff to do.

jrose609

Explorer
I sold the tires and wheels last year to help fund my RTE front bumper. Kinda wish I had the steelies again but I want the solid 110 wheels next and that is pretty far down the list on stuff to do.

A set of these will be on my rig in about 4 days......

Attachments

• wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    593.7 KB · Views: 74

Viggen

Just here...

I have a mesh style floor on my rack. Not too sure about heat reduction or radiation but its worth the sacrifice in higher temps to be able to walk safely on the rack.

Why not just find some D1 spare steel wheels for your truck? Theyre cheap and I think that they look great on the truck (a bit biased though).

timmy!!!!!!!

Explorer
Truck got all fixed at LRNO. It turns out somehow the panhard bracket got bent and a bolt broke. These roads are pretty rough so I am not surprised. I just wish I would have noticed it when I did the quick visual inspection of my truck... Oh well...

Thanks to Doug ,who is a great guy to deal with, I was able to get a nice little surprise for me when I get home for the Christmas break. My dad was able to snap this little teaser for me.

5264498586_0b90763c63_z.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger