My DIY solution to the UEV 440

ratled

Adventurer
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! It is a fabulous build! As much as I hate to hear that you won't have many trips in it after all of your hard work, I am looking forward to your new build.

I'll put these numbers to very good use, I promise!!! The first step is I'm going to do is a scale model mock up of the frame to make sure what I want will work. I love the UEV but it's not reasonable. I blame hamthis for starting me down this path with his fine build but the M1101 is too big for what I have in mind, even off a M10x trailer. But yours seems to have that Goldilocks feel..... especially the tow a Jeep too!

Thanks again, Have a good holiday

ratled

Rutdigger

Watch This!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! It is a fabulous build! As much as I hate to hear that you won't have many trips in it after all of your hard work, I am looking forward to your new build.

I'll put these numbers to very good use, I promise!!! The first step is I'm going to do is a scale model mock up of the frame to make sure what I want will work. I love the UEV but it's not reasonable. I blame hamthis for starting me down this path with his fine build but the M1101 is too big for what I have in mind, even off a M10x trailer. But yours seems to have that Goldilocks feel..... especially the tow a Jeep too!

Thanks again, Have a good holiday

ratled

No problem, I hope it helps you out. I am planning on doing the exact same thing; a scale model. I watched a guy building a tiny house do that to his and it worked great for him. He was able to see layouts and move things around etc, and gives a great sense of what it will REALLY look like. On a side note, if the weigh gets away from you a little bit and you end up NOT being able to lift the tongue by yourself, consider getting one the those McHitches couplers like I got. You will save yourself some headache trying to mess with the other types out there on uneven ground. Post pics of your scale model when you have it done.

Roc8man

Just found your thread while searching for anyone who had opinions on the McHitch Uniglide. Ended up reading the entire thread. Nice design and fab skills. I am interested in getting the McHitch also but I couldn't really see what you did to the Reese adapter to attach it. Can you post some or send me some pics of that? Would you recommend it only for people with fab skills or an average Joe to attach? Also, what unit did you bow hunt here in Colorado?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears