My FZJ80 Overland Build

NM-Frontier

Explorer
Moab Valentine

Spent the long weekend enjoying sunshine and slickrock in Moab.

0xVQbbOGxZrN1oQxxhzm19taAl0sXNtLuzBnLHkNMJo=w829-h553-no

IMG_7456.JPG

IMG_7477.JPG

IMG_7502.JPG

It was sweet:sombrero:

NM-Frontier

Explorer
Cargo Area 2.0 Almost Complete

Just about finished up version 2.0 finally, decided to go with some aircraft track and tie downs from US Cargo. I ordered the 48" track kit that included 4 tie down rings. The floor is covered buy some 1/4 inch trailer mat from Tractor Supply, this stuff is great for projects like this, it adds protection for the cargo and the truck. I went straight through the mat and floor of the Cruiser with the mounting hardware to hold it all in place. I love the way it turned out and think it adds some more versatility over the previous set up.

IMG_7510.JPG

IMG_7509.JPG

I also added the single tie downs I had from version 1 to the top of the drawers.

IMG_7507.JPG

The fridge tied down and ready to go.

The set up worked good on this past weekends Moab trip, didn't miss the third drawer at all. Once I get the table for the swing out figured out I think this set up will be dialed!:sombrero:

Great build thread! I plan on following this in my build. I am in the process of putting the same lift on and did the PHH, thermostat and brake booster today. Once the lift and tires are on, I need to tackle the front oil leaks that you did. I appreciate your including the maintenance items in your build thread. I will keep on checking back to see what other ideas I can borrow from yours.

NM-Frontier

Explorer
Thanks, glad you have enjoyed the build! The mods, trips, and even maintenance are all part of owning and enjoying the cruiser. Pleas check back often and ask questions as your build is coming along!

NM-Frontier

Explorer
Fold down table build

Finally got to get some time to build my table for the tire swing out. I've been looking around at others and just took the best ideas from others and combined them to make mine. Would have liked to integrate a slide out cutting board or an extension of some type, but my limited fabrication skills couldn't quite make it possible. I am very happy with how it turned out, only had one issue with the center brace on the swing out interfering with the table folding flush, a little work with the grinder and flap sanding disc fixed that.

photo%2B3%2B%283%29.JPG

You can see the funny grove I had to make to fold flat in the middle.

photo%2B2%2B%281%29.JPG

Table is 12"x24" .125 aluminum.

photo%2B1%2B%281%29.JPG

Hinge welded to the swing out

photo%2B1%2B%287%29.JPG

Added tabs to attach the stainless lanyards.

photo%2B2%2B%287%29.JPG

Stainless metric hardware used through out.(I know nerdy)

The table is just the right size for the stove to sit on top, and makes it just about level with the tail gate. Just need to get out for a test drive now. And of course some "in the wild" pics of the new cargo set up.

NM-Frontier

Explorer
Nice use of space

Thanks! Been trying to refine the truck to use all the space it has better. Funny how no matter how much you think about something it takes really using it for a while to get it dialed.

Now if I just had a way get in through the sliding windows easier...:sombrero:

1Goat

What a brilliant read! Thanks so much for sharing. Sad I've got to the end of it! Can't wait for more...
Your LC looks fantastic. Well done!

Mauka2Makai

Explorer
This is one of my favorite build threads as well... Great updates and ideas for our future cargo area plans. Keep those awesome pics coming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears