My Home On The Road (Alaska)

Ala5ka

VX'er
So in the summer I work at various venues around Alaska and for that I live in this,

DSCF0466.jpg

I'm not sure if it meets any ExPo criteria but it's pretty comfy and portable.
My family got it new from the factory (Anderson Mobile) Custom designed for our needs with a ticket box, office, kitchen, bath, arctic entry, living room, two bedrooms and a master bed.

officeentranceslideoutview.jpg

It's generator runs off of Diesel, as well as the heat, and hot water.

DSCF0463.jpg

You can't really ExPo with it I guess because it is about 47ft long, and has to be pulled by a twin screw tractor.

It's pretty neat but for privacy sakes I don't want to post pictures of the inside :)

For me it's kind of a pain because the setup is so tedious, it must be leveled perfectly for the slide up to work properly which means the rear airbags need to be let down and the axle blocked up. The front is pretty self explanatory and is easier if left hooked to a truck.

matt s

Explorer
Curious what the use is. Ticket box etc I am intrigued. Where in Alaska are you setting up with this? State fair?

Ala5ka

VX'er
yes it is for the state fair, my family owns and operates the carnival in Alaska. We don't use that box very often though as it is no longer an office trailer. We gutted it and made the office one big kitchen dining room.

Ala5ka

VX'er
the inside is tile downstairs, and cherry hardwood upstairs. Very nice for living, feels more like a house than a trailer. I'm not sure on the square footage but with the two slide outs, one pop up, and outside second story porch it is kind of ridiculous. Probably close to 900-1000 square feet, 47ft long about 10ft wide x2 for the second story plus the slide outs, minus the cabinetry, appliances shower, staircase, washer and dryer. The upstairs is all one big room.

Ala5ka

VX'er
5-6 people live in there for three months out of the year and with that much space it still gets cramped. The name of it is JexCar. Renamed to Anderson Mobile recently. Ours was one of the first so as a test run it is alright minus the roof, and slide outs leak but have since been fixed.

Esmi

Explorer
Wowie-zowie!

Nearly 200 posts and you're just getting around to mentioning this now??? What other cool info are you holding back??? :wings:

Lead Dog

Observer
I've looked thru the anderson Trailer site before but never seen pics of your trailer... Very Cool Rig! if I had the $$$ I'g get them to build me One Bad toy Hauler! :wings:

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Holy Crap! You have more exterior doors than I do on my home! Did I count 4 entries? I think you could land a powered parachute on the roof! Now you need to give us interior pics, that is just an awesome rig, how big is you family? :Wow1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior