My latest mitsu build-up...

off-roader

Expedition Leader
I haven't wheeled it with the 33's at all. Pretty much nothing more than street tires although the ride is a bunch smoother and quieter LOL.

mapper

Explorer
Love the build and all the information you have offered in threads throughout this forum. Quick question; With you sleeping/cargo platform, which is awesome, what is the height of the space above and below the platform? and, to go with that, does your truck have a sunroof?

I'm looking at Monties but would be downsizing from an AWD Astro so I'm trying to see how functional I can make the space.

Thanks!

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Just a minor cosmetic update... Removed both the aftermarket roof rack as well as the OEM roof rack today. Looks nice this way... I may keep it and only put my rack on when its needed...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 52
I've been considering taking my roof rack off when unneeded, but... the fact that i need two of my neighbors to help me install it kind of puts it in perspective.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
I've been considering taking my roof rack off when unneeded, but... the fact that i need two of my neighbors to help me install it kind of puts it in perspective.
The OE rack was light. The aftermarket one I had on it, not so much. The Wilderness Trails Rack I'm replacing her with? Yeah, it's heavy! To install it myself, I'll have to do it in sections... Front first, sides next, back next, bolt everything together, then bolt the floor on.

Yeah, I'd estimate the ARB steel rack to be about 100lbs... i can move it around the yard but it gets me a little winded....the truck is too tall to fit int he garage and there's no place on the ceiling to put it. One day, when I have a real shop to work in...

I agree your truck looks pretty clean without the roof rack.

mapper

Explorer
Off-roader, any chance you can give me a measurement of interior height below and above your rear platform? Thanks.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
At the highest spot in back there's 28" above & 14" below. Also, there's a 1 1/2" wide bar that spans the entire rear of the floor(for strength. This limits the maximum height of a single object you can store underneath to 12 1/2". For me its no problem. I simply put a 12" tall storage bin in back and another 3" of stuff on top of it.

HTH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman