My M101 project

74CJ5

Observer
Trailer 015.jpgTrailer 014.jpgTrailer 016.jpgCouple of new pics. I can get all 7 of the families bikes in the back. Putting a rack and a cargo basket on it next.

74CJ5

Observer
I like the rack! Looks great,
Room for the whole family.

Thanks Mark. I got a sweet deal on a Yakima Load Warrior Cargo Basket with the 18" extension and 4 locking brackets for $180. Basket is 63" long x 39" wide. Would have cost over $500 new with those brackets. I will get that on this coming weekend. And the the only thing left is a kayak rack. Also, pit the military star decal on it to match my Jeep. They sure do look good together.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Looks great with the jeep.
How does it pull?
Many say they are just too heavy and avoid them like the plague.
I love mine it is an A2 built in 1990 but well maintained.

I was sitting at the dinner table the other day and caught this guy taking pictures of my trailer in the driveway..
I thought Oh great someone complained about it............No the guy asked all kinds of questions and wanted to show his wife pictures.
They were looking for a camping trailer to haul with. I told him this was the way to go.

Post more pictures It looks great!

74CJ5

Observer
It pulls just fine. I've got a 2012 with the new motor that gave me 80 more horses than my 2008. Plus a DynoMax exhaust and an Airaid CAI, for a few more horses and torque. Should have it close to finished this weekend if all goes well. Then it's of to PA to get my Dad and bring him down to FL for the "winter", but I'm not taking the Jeep or the trailer on that trip.

Scrapdaddy

Adventurer
74CJ5,

Really looks good. The wheels are nice, painted up. Have you decided about a spare tire and wheel. I only ask, because that is a hard wheel for most shops to fix a flat. I always have a flat at the wrong time. That type of wheel is on the scarce side, to find. Not many guys sell them.

74CJ5

Observer
74CJ5,

Really looks good. The wheels are nice, painted up. Have you decided about a spare tire and wheel. I only ask, because that is a hard wheel for most shops to fix a flat. I always have a flat at the wrong time. That type of wheel is on the scarce side, to find. Not many guys sell them.

Well, unfortunately, I am going to have to roll the dice for a while on the whole flat tire thing. Ultimately I want to change out the axel and wheels someday to match up with the Jeep, but that is a ways off.

74CJ5

Observer
Also got the rack and cargo basket mounted this weekend. Loaded up the bikes and took the kids for a quick trip. Not really an expedition by any means but it was the trailers first trip none the less. It will see a great deal of short day trips.

Trailer 018.JPGTrailer 017.JPG

CAPTNDAVIE

Observer
Most big truck tire shops will work on the two piece wheels.

Axle will not be worth much when you decide to do the swap. But the wheels could be as they are combat wheels from WWII era dodge military trucks.

74CJ5

Observer
So I finally put on my kayak rack and loaded up my M101 for a nice test run today. Everything loaded up perfectly and towed like a dream. I can put two more full size mountain bikes in with the front wheels removed and mounted to fork mounts on top of the fender wells. Tons of room for gear in the basket plus the two storage totes. Now I just need to plan a weekend away!

DSCN4240.jpgDSCN4242.jpgRSCN4245.jpgDSCN4237.jpg

e-jeep

Obey the Federal Overlord
Very nice trailer!! I borrowed one from a friend last week ...really want one!!!

jjbuck

And now that guy is researching them! Had to call the wife over and show her pics of the trailer I took pics of!

Small world, eh?

Looks great with the jeep.
How does it pull?
Many say they are just too heavy and avoid them like the plague.
I love mine it is an A2 built in 1990 but well maintained.

I was sitting at the dinner table the other day and caught this guy taking pictures of my trailer in the driveway..
I thought Oh great someone complained about it............No the guy asked all kinds of questions and wanted to show his wife pictures.
They were looking for a camping trailer to haul with. I told him this was the way to go.

Post more pictures It looks great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179