My M101 trailer built

eleblanc

Adventurer
One day surfing a forum i see a post about a M101 for sale. Originaly he was asking 1000$, then droped is price to 800$. the guy is 400 miles north of Montreal. Very far. So i offer 750$ delivered to my door. He says yes to my suprise.

So the planning started. Cover, tent, etc...

I still have my tires before i went to 33" i think they will fit nicely on the rims. The trailer is not rusted enough to justify a complete sandblast. I will brush it very good and spray one coat of epoxy primer and cover it with enamel the color of my hard top. My BJ is 2 tone.

When i got it; all lights for 24V. My rig is 24V

picture%20004.jpg

picture%20006.jpg

picture%20008.jpg

Working on the cover.

picture%20011.jpg

picture%20173_001.jpg

picture%20174.jpg

Fitted the 1800.

picture%20176.jpg

picture%20178.jpg

4x 250# cylinder does the job of lifting the heavy cover and tent.

picture%20179.jpg

Last edited:

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Nicely done! Very creative with the flip-lid. Gotta see a pic with it attached to the rig in the daylight too!

dsy

Adventurer
eleblanc said:
Some updates, new color, new tires.

picture%20183.jpg

Looks great. Do you have any problems closing the lid when the tent is open with four 250lb springs? I'm running two 250lb springs which makes my lid about neutral weight with the tent closed, but when my tent is open I have to pull down pretty good to get the lid to close.

eleblanc

Adventurer
dsy said:
Looks great. Do you have any problems closing the lid when the tent is open with four 250lb springs? I'm running two 250lb springs which makes my lid about neutral weight with the tent closed, but when my tent is open I have to pull down pretty good to get the lid to close.

Yes it is not easy one way or the other. I would say it is harder to open then to close. But the first 10-12 inch after that gets easier very fast.

Was anything wrong with the old tires? What did you end up doing with them?

Since it will cost me an insane amount to get my hubs switched over to the same bolt pattern as my tow-rig, I am just going to try to find the tires and wheels that are stock on it right now. Tires being tough since we can't get them in the US, and the wheels having that odd 5x120mm pattern.

Looks excellent though. How big is that 1800 inside?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78