My M416 Thread

4runnerteq

Explorer
Well it probably wont be mcuh different than most, but Im excited about. Not gonna do a whole lot for now. Only one income at the time. Want it to make it to the Rallye in NC this month.
Here she is the day I found her.
m416022.jpg

m416021.jpg

In her new home.
m416026.jpg

New tail lamps.
IMG_0137.jpg

Free lucabond for lid
IMG_0152.jpg

Gotta get the day started right
IMG_0154.jpg

Glad I didnt take off to NC like this
IMG_0157.jpg

Whoever worked on it last felt the need to autograph it.
IMG_0159.jpg

Oreilly Auto Parts had the bearings in stock. Had to order the seals
IMG_0161.jpg

What a difference a little Permatex Undercoating makes. Thinkin of bedling the whole trailer. Opinions?
IMG_0162.jpg

Little fresh paint
IMG_0165.jpg

Last edited:

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
What a difference a little Permatex Undercoating makes. Thinkin of bedling the whole trailer. Opinions?

Can't hurt. They take a beating from rocks and road debris.

I plan on doing mine underneath, the bottom inside of the tub, the front panel, and the front of the fenders, at a minimum.

Great shape trailer!

chasespeed

Explorer
Pretty much in about the boat as you..... same lights and everything.

Did you bolt the lights to the frame? How about the plate?

Hoping to strip the rest of the paint tomorrow, and shoot some primer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I used Magnet Paints Monstaliner on my CDN m101 in the tub, and on the front of the tub (2 coats). I had enough left to do under the fenders and the entire fenders inside and out (1 coat). I used a low pile 4" round tip foam roller on the fenders, it turned out awesome. I wish I had done the whole tub with this stuff. Dries super hard, and I even primed and painted over the front tub liner to match the exterior.

If done right with not too much texture the whole exterior would look good. I also primed it all with POR15 before I painted anything...my new fav paint!!

Fenders...

20120731_172033.jpg

4runnerteq

Explorer
Pretty much in about the boat as you..... same lights and everything.

Did you bolt the lights to the frame? How about the plate?

Lamp are bolted to the original brackets. No plate yet. Dont have to have in Ky. Will be getting one though for out of state travel

4runnerteq

Explorer
So, took a cpl days off work to mess with the trailer. Have 3 weeks this year and havent taken one day yet. That blows.
So anyway started work on a lid. Cant weld. Dont have access to someone who does and too tight to pay someone to do it. I think this will work though. Went and picked some 1 inch square tubing. They cut it to my dimensions. Then off to Lowes for screws, bolts, paint, silicone, L-brackets, hinges & hasps. Bolted the frame together using the brackets. Painted & siliconed before screwing lucabon to frame.
IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

Jig set up to make cut to lucabond and try to stay square
IMG_0186.jpg

Oops
IMG_0188.jpg

Ha. Not my fault. Blade gave up
IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

Setting side piece to mount the hinges to
IMG_0204.jpg

He says "Dude, arent you done yet. Im ready to go."
IMG_0176.jpg

Hope to get the hinges and locks done tomorrow. Then thats all for quite time til other funds are availabel.
IMG_0172.jpg

4runnerteq

Explorer
Lid is alucabond. Well I got very lucky. The piece I have was leftover from a job a guy was doing where I work. It was exactly 51 inchs wide and just a little too long. The length is the only part I had to cut. Blade went thru very easy. Its a little softer than I thought. When I attached to the frame with screws they pulled into it some which is ok. Gonna screw to the center braces as well just to make it more ridgid.
Your trailer looks good. Im thinkin of bedlining inside and out of mine as well. I kinda hate to put it over the lid though as it is a nice silver grey color.

chasespeed

Explorer
Looking good.... I would get it all squared up, and find someone to buzz that all together once you are happy with it.... just my 2 cents....

Chase

4runnerteq

Explorer
Very nice! Keeping the camo look or matching the TV?

Leaving the camo for now. TV is white, so it would have to be pretty slick for that. I despise doing body work. Probably eventually put a wire brush to it and herculine the whole thing. The lid will "finish" it for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78