My M416 - Yes, another one

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
I've had a couple inquiries about hinge kits like the ones I made for my trailer. Sending out the first full kit on Monday.

1Louder

Explorer
Klayton.
check out http://countryhomescampers.com/products/camper-awning, contact name Salim miro. I think this awning would work great on your trailer. Thank for the atta-boy on my trailer=brian

That is a cool concept/product. I have a larger trailer and I am leaning towards a Foxwing but I can see this being very practical for the M416 trailers. I am curious as to how it handles the rain (pooling on top) and if anyone has installed this on arms that could be raised on a trailer to make the awning higher.

How much are you doing the hinge kits for? Lead time? And forgive me if I missed it but what weight/size shocks are you using for the lid?

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
My trailer work has been on a slow path the last few months with the recent birth of our second child and additional things to take care of at home and work. I do have a mountain bike event coming up in February that I had to figure out how to take my trailer and some bikes. This meant figuring out how to use my hitch rack or buying a new rack and figuring out a whole mount system. I decided to go with the hitch mount idea. I had some 2.5" and 3" square tube lying around and decided to go for it. I had to cut off the middle tab that holds the tub to the frame in order to mount the hitch tube. It runs the full length to the second cross rail on the frame, where I will have to remove the tub to frame bolt as well. I plan on adding 2 tabs at the rear and two bolts on the inner cross bar just to make sure the tub doesn't go anywhere. The hitch pin is accessible from underneath, and I never plan on using this to tow a second trailer, so chain hooks are not required. This is just for accessory mourning. I still have to weld the tube in place and finish the tabs, but that shouldn't take too long. I'll report back in a month and a half with everything installed and in use.

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
With two bikes on the end I needed to re configure the cargo to keep the tongue weight up. Also with the loose fit of the rack into the receiver it flops around a bit. Nothing serious, just unsettling seeing the bikes flopping back and forth in the rear view mirror.

image.jpg

image.jpg

XJSuperman

OhIOWAn
I welded some beads on 2-4 sides of my loose hitch (depending on how bad it fits), and then ground it down until it was snug but was still removable. They just dont seem to make em like they used to.

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
Looking great Klayton! Where were you camping?

This is out in Willow Springs. We were pre-riding the course for the 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo event this weekend. Its going to be a mad house, hoping to have enough room to setup the cabin tent and awning for our team, and use my trailer as my own little penthouse!

jimbolio

Observer
I was out there too Klayton! I heard you were bogarting some cross band repeat action. (Just too funny someone used 4x4ham for that). Here was my setup on top of 7 Bravo. Did you see it? It was pretty windy on Saturday.
DSC_0445_zpsqzfq25o0.jpg

DSC_0453_zpshmgho6mc.jpg

DSC_0454_zpsjqtb0ruf.jpg

DSC_0459_zpserivcbfv.jpg

I didn't make ANY of this. Your mad skills are incredible. I could never replicate your talent, but I DID win the TJM tent at the 2014 Summit. (In case the SLEE guys are wondering where it went). So with your skill, and my luck maybe we can conquer southern arizona. It's been too long my friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle