My Mates home made drawers :-)

Timothynaustin

Observer
My Mate Mark spent some time over this Australia Day weekend to knock up some drawers and sleeping platform in his 60 series.:safari-rig:
Great job Mate My turn soon please Buddy :)

I am allways impressed with the quality of the woodwork you do Buddy, Very nicely designed and executed.:box:

Talk soon Mate.

Attachments

• Markshomemadedrawers (1).JPG
    Markshomemadedrawers (1).JPG
    191.7 KB · Views: 102
  • Markshomemadedrawers (2).JPG
    Markshomemadedrawers (2).JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 82
  • Markshomemadedrawers (3).JPG
    Markshomemadedrawers (3).JPG
    179.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Markshomemadedrawers (4).JPG
    Markshomemadedrawers (4).JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Markshomemadedrawers (5).JPG
    Markshomemadedrawers (5).JPG
    181.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Markshomemadedrawers (6).JPG
    Markshomemadedrawers (6).JPG
    193.3 KB · Views: 80

Skids HJ61

Observer
work in progress

bit of an update. The sleeping platform is built. I have laid the vinyl over the top as this will be the finished surface, just need to glue it down and fix some aluminium borders along the edges to stop it lifting. The cubby hole is up front behind the drivers seat and will store a basic tool kit and clothing. The Waeco 50 litre fridge is on the passenger side at the front and is accessed via the passenger door. LED lighting on the cargo barrier and rear door light it up really well inside. The inverter sits nicely along side the fridge and allows me to charge phones, laptops etc

I intend fitting a 75 high density foam matress on top and this will allow me to sleep on the angel from corner to corner (im 6 foot 6 and 130 kg so im no small fella haha)

all cooking and food will be kept in the drawers for long weekends away with the boys....

ill post some more pics next weekend when it will be done and dusted :ylsmoke:

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    530.5 KB · Views: 76
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    531 KB · Views: 72
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    581.6 KB · Views: 72
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    513.3 KB · Views: 73
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 70
  • photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 72

Timothynaustin

Observer
Wow you have cracked on

Wow Mate you were very busy, looking fantastic.
Roll on feb and our trip away up the other end of the Island :)

Boys weekend here we come plenty of the following.:smiley_drive::coffeedrink::friday::REExeSwimmingHL::088::safari-rig::camping::campfire:

Wainiha

Explorer
This is interesting. I'd love a shell for my 2000 Tacoma. I'd like to have storage drawers and a platform. I was worried about sleeping in it, at my size. 6'6" and 270lbs.

Your setup makes me feel a little better knowing you fit.

Timothynaustin

Observer
I shall be doing something similar Maybe down the track myself with Marks help of course as his has come out so well. He has done a marvelous Job :)

Skids HJ61

Observer
This is interesting. I'd love a shell for my 2000 Tacoma. I'd like to have storage drawers and a platform. I was worried about sleeping in it, at my size. 6'6" and 270lbs.

Your setup makes me feel a little better knowing you fit.

yes mate, i cant fit laying straight down the length of the vehicle but on the angle across from one corner to the other is just fine..... Tacoma, they're like a dual cab right ?? (dont have a tacoma in Oz) how long is the tray on them ??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998