My new 1 gen Montero (lots of pics)

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Looking good although I would have gone with silver/brushed aluminum lettering on the Mitsubishi myself.

Did you also clear coat your paint? Also was it an outdoor grade UV stable paint. Will dull/cloud up & eventually peel (in a few months) if it isn't. Unfortunately, I learned this from experience.

Wiretie

Thanks.

I used the indoor/outdoor Krylon with "Fusion" that doesn't need a primer, and is weather resistant. I've used this stuff for years, and I consider it the duct tape of the paint world. Eventually it will need touch-ups, but it's only a $4.00 can away.

I should have gone with the silver or white Mitsubishi lettering, but for some reason I thought it was red in all the pictures I'd seen. Oh well, It still looks good to me.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Cool.

As for the color, its your rig so, I'm with you & I'd paint it the color you want and not something I'm suggesting. :sombrero::ylsmoke:

Wiretie

Got some rain today, so my brother shot a quick vid of me messin around with the monty. There was another guy there with a Blazer having fun too. Enjoy...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE4WzHf8PJY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE4WzHf8PJY[/ame]
Not bad with stock tires..

Last edited:

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Looks like fun.

Can I assume this is on private property?

Environmental extremist like to use videos like this and say this is on government or public land as examples of why we need to eliminate 4x4's off road. Yeah, pathetic I know.:smiley_drive:

caribexcursions

Great little mitsubishi

I used to have one just like that same color, great little truck. I took it all over the Dominican Republic. Up sand dunes, deep in the jungle, up 10K foot mountains, I miss that truck.

Im new here so today Ill take a photo of my montero sports I use for4x4 tours in the Dom Rep.

Congrats on the cool truck!

Makes me want another one!

JOnesbilt24

i had a 89 monty as well

Man I loved that truck, watch out for the timing belt, ensure you change it at the 60,000 mile mark, mine broke when I was over seas and grenaded the motor. The Valve guides/seals wear out and they tend to burn oil but other than that they are a extremely robust vehicle.

Best of Luck Evan

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Man I loved that truck, watch out for the timing belt, ensure you change it at the 60,000 mile mark, mine broke when I was over seas and grenaded the motor. The Valve guides/seals wear out and they tend to burn oil but other than that they are a extremely robust vehicle.

Best of Luck Evan

Actually a broken timing belt shouldn't grenade a Mitsu 3.0L v6 sohc engine (assuming this is in his rig). It's a non-interference engine which means the valves won't hit the piston if the belt breaks. Most that will happen is you'll quickly come to a stop.

If it's the 2.6, then it has a timing chain, not belt and I'm not sure if it's an interference engine or not.

Which engine did you have?

Wiretie

Some white Christmas pics...

P1000372.jpg
[/IMG]

P1000371.jpg
[/IMG]

:smiley_drive:

fangars

Adventurer
Wiretie, any pics of the interior?
I am missing something in the center console area and have idea what to look for or whether to even bother and start building something of my own.

Wiretie

Fangars, sorry I didn't see this earlier, I can definately get some pics of the interior for you. No problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78