My New American Built Adrenalin Rush - Preview and Review

jonharis

I hope we can meet up when you come back to CO! Like the stove, I've used the heater at ~9000-9500' with no issues other than initially lighting it. Once lit it goes with no issues.

STREGA

Explorer
I just did the Kokopelli Trail with Jon last week and have to say that this trailer really impresses me every time I see it. Jon did a great job getting it down Rose Garden Hill (without brakes on the trailer I might add!) it only drug in a couple of places and not that bad when it did. I may have to rethink the direction I want to go when I get my next trailer.

And Jonathan is a great guy, always willing to help someone out and just plain ol' fun to hang with while working on trucks or out on the trail and camping.

jonharis

Thanks for the kind words Doug. It's always a pleasure having you along.

It was a busy month. I took the adrenalin on the Kokopelli twice, completing the last half one weekend and the entire trip as trip leader of the Cruise Moab Kokopelli overnight. Again, the camper performed up to and blew past my expectations. For the second trip, I added a 3" raiser receiver block. The negative of this setup is that I'm unable to open my tailgate with the trailer attached, the positive is that the tongue does not rub on the deep holes any more! I now carry both blocks with me and change out depending on conditions.

Great spot to eat. Aluminum does not get hot in the sun!

Looking forward to it. Thanks again for this great thread which really helped me. I drove a few hours to see another one in person before ordering which finally sold me. What I still don't know it how to set up the side rooms but hopefully it won't be too difficult.

I had hoped to spend some time with Ric at Overland Expo but I just learned he won't be attending after all.

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
Jonathan,

I just stumbled upon this thread and and it has been very informative. I've been buried in diapers and wet wipes the last few months as I'm sure you remember. My girls are now almost 7 months old which is hard to believe. Seeing your girls out with you is inspiring!

I have been trying to decide how I'm going to get my whole family out with me. I briefly looked at used Sportsmobiles and Tiger RVs, but the cost is obviously very high and out of my price range. After talking with a few people I decided a trailer was probably the right way to start off. I was aware of the AT trailers, but just came across your thread on the Adrenalin trailers. Buying a quality product from a quality vendor is high on my priority list. The trailers may be cheaper than a 4x4 RV but they are still a significant investment.

Being that you have an identical tow vehicle to me, and a similar family composition (I have 1 more dog than you :sombrero:), I'm now going to follow your thread very closely. Thanks for paving that way and expressing your opinion on the relatively minor issues you have found. The Adrenaline looks to be a great product.

jonharis

Thanks Chuck, I hope to complete some interior photos soon and will be updating this thread very soon with pics from the last two trips. I just hit 40 nights in the camper this weekend!

kb7our

Explorer
Not sure why it's so hard to find the WEIGHT of this trailer. Someone please chime in on that. Thanks.

Romer

Adventurer
Not sure why it's so hard to find the WEIGHT of this trailer. Someone please chime in on that. Thanks.

My Kimberley Kamper is built very similar to this and is about 2300-2400 pounds dry. Not saying that's what Jon's weighs, but based on similar construction and look that would be a good ballpark. Course Kimberly has worked the last few years on reducing weight and the new ones are about 2100 pounds dry

jonharis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior