my new cases

frumpy

Explorer
Well I had a good find at work. Got some new boxes to store my gear in. A few different sizes and they have foam inside that can easily be removed. They are aluminum frame and latches with wood sides with special coating/paint. They are also water tight. The best part is they were free (I got about 5 of them).

case.jpg

case2.jpg

Last edited:

frumpy

Explorer
The weight of them isn't too bad. Obviously they are heavier than rubbermaids or action packers but they offer a lot more protection.

I did some research on the company (clydesdale custom cases) and found out they are the ones that make transport cases for the Stanley Cup.

frumpy

Explorer
You dog......

I actually got 7 but gave two away. I'm not sure what I'm putting in them yet, I'll have to get them organized when it warms up. All my recovery gear/tie downs are in a big ammo can already and I have a mil issue first aid kit in its own case. I'll have to arrange them in the bed of my truck to see how they fit as well and maybe make a system to prevent them from sliding around.

mudbutt

Explorer
A truly great find...

I'm sure you could fit an entire kitchen into one of them.

I have all of my kitchen gear (minus the stove) in an 8 gallon action packer. Looks like you'd have a ton of room....

alexfm

Explorer
I actually got 7 but gave two away. I'm not sure what I'm putting in them yet, I'll have to get them organized when it warms up. All my recovery gear/tie downs are in a big ammo can already and I have a mil issue first aid kit in its own case. I'll have to arrange them in the bed of my truck to see how they fit as well and maybe make a system to prevent them from sliding around.

I'll take one of the smaller ones of your hands if you decide you dont need it. :sombrero: They look like really nice cases. I wish they threw away stuff like that at my job. I'd grab all of 'em. :jump:

frumpy

Explorer
I didn't want to hog them all, I took about a skids worth. There were at least another 2 skids that went.

Alex, I don't think you will want to pay the shipping even if I had an extra one. The smallest ones we use that come back from the US are $60, and thats about 1/4 of the size of the last one.

I'm still waiting for them to scrap some of the medical panniers we use. They are heavy duty, a good size, and fold flat when not in use.

frumpy

Explorer
Just a note to anyone who has a chance to get there hands on a paramedics bag... DO IT.

They are awesome. They have reflective tape on the outside so they are easily visible and they have a TON of pockets and compartments inside.

The one I got are very similar to these
12017.jpg

34018-4.jpg

Last edited:

frumpy

Explorer
Here is the one I got. I will post up some more pics in this thread when I get all my gear organized into these cases/bags

FERNO-Professional-Trauma-Bag-LSS-_i_lbw147374BS.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan