My New Girlfriend: Canon 5D with 24-105 f/4L

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
kcowyo said:
"Hi I'm DaveinDenver, and I'll be your server today. Our special today is 'Buyers Remorse'. It comes smothered in guilt with a nice regret medley and a side of sorrow. The dessert of the day is repentance pie."

Would you like to see a menu?"

:chowtime:

:jump: :xxrotflma :sport_box

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Mark,

Nice new camera. :wings: I can't wait to see the images you create with it. I am hoping to upgrade to a real DSLR in the March timeframe. I'm tired of taking baby steps toward quality and want a nice foundation that I can enjoy for years. I want something that does well in low light conditions which is the downfall of my current Sony wanabe camera. Researching both the Canon and Nikon options. Keep us posted on how you like the D5.

CAPTAIN COORS

Adventurer
Congrats Mark on your new 5D, love mine, to take full advantage of it you'll need the 70-200 2.8 L IS USM, add a second battery and you'll have some real weight!

articulate

Expedition Leader
Here's to the film shooters! And, by God, here's to Dave once again for that valedictorian speech about the history of film and the detriment of civilization for moving on with the digital age. No wonder he approves of Bad Religion.

Streakerfreak said:
Still got another "piss-n-vinegar" film shooter here:wavey:

Overland Hadley said:
I use 4x5 sheet film. Good stuff.

DaveInDenver said:
But, Mark, it felt so wrong. How did your real cameras take the news?
Now perhaps you missed the title to this thread? The 5D is my lady-on-the-side. My gumar. The booty call. The film equipment doesn't suspect a thing, especially after years of faithful service on my part.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Congrats on the new toy, Mark. I'm sure she will serve you well when you need that booty call.:p

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
articulate said:
............ The 5D is my lady-on-the-side. My gumar. The booty call. The film equipment doesn't suspect a thing, especially after years of faithful service on my part.

Maybe for now, but you know they will eventualy find out. Think Karma.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Congrats! That's a nice camera. I used a 5D to shoot Yosh's citizenship ceremony. I dont know anything about cameras, but man the pics were amazing.

Photog

Explorer
Well Mark,

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY:wings:

Since you have the full frame sensor, we expect to see you go **wide**!! 24mm just isn't enough.;)

I think we are all waiting for some more digital work to view here.
I really like the look & feel of the Mom & Baby image. Nice.
girls2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears