My new Jeep!

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Well, I traded my '99 XJ in on a 2000 TJ today!!

IMG_20111201_124430-1.jpg

IMG_20111201_192656.jpg

While the build is 1/2 the fun of a Jeep, this one doesn't need much! Matter of fact, it doesn't need anything right now!

Here's a list of the goodies already done:

"33" Engineering flat belly skid

Skid Row engine/trans skid

Kilby gas tank skid

Kilby steering box

Dynatrac diff covers

4:10 gears

Ected front locker

Full Detroit No Spin rear locker

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit

JB Conversions SYE

Delta H4 Quad Bar Zenon lights (need adjusting!)

WARN HS9500i winch

ARB winch bumper

M.O.R.E. Bombproof motor mounts

Superlift adjustable rear trac bar

Skyjacker adjustable front trac bar

JKS bar pin eliminators

Quick swaybar disco's

Skid Row mirror relocation brackets

Poison Spyder rocker knockers

??? Swing out tire carrier

35" Truxxus tires on nice alloy wheels, spare tire matches!!! About 7K miles on the tires.

Inside has been bedlined, not sure with what, but it's heavy stuff.

The speedo has been corrected,
has a nice stereo system with overhead soundbar.

Cruises along at 60 just fine!

Since I have my M416 w/RTT, I'm OK for the room I lost by trading the XJ.

Now to get it out there and Adventure!!!

:coffeedrink:

yellocoyote

Adventurer
Nice! I, too, enjoy the build process... do you have anything else that you want to do to it that hasn't already been done?

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Nice! I, too, enjoy the build process... do you have anything else that you want to do to it that hasn't already been done?

Not much. It still has the D35 rear end, but it has upgraded shafts (Yukon ultimate 35 axle kit) and a full Detroit No Spin carrier.

I'll eventually build/buy a set of flat fenders for the front, and maybe some 'crusher corners' and flares for the back.

I like the looks of it now, with the flares, but I enjoy wheeling as much as I do my overlanding trips, so I know I'll bend a fender/rip off a flare eventually.

My dad and I are building our '46 CJ2A this winter, so I'll have my 'Build Fix' for the season!:elkgrin:

For now, I'm going to just enjoy it, and plan for our club trip to Moab the week after EJS.

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
That's some top of the line upgrades. I really like the white saharas. Nice find!

Yeah, the guy who built this did a nice job! Best part is, he kept everything! All reciepts, books, info, etc. I got a folder over an inch thick, with everything in it.

He even had the paperwork for the radio, CB and fire extinguisher in there!

I'm betting he's missing it already, I know I would be!

Jwood

Observer
I too enjoy the build but it is really nice when you can find one that has been done we'll. Going this route is usually a little easier on the bank account too. Sweet TJ!

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Nice; congrats.

Ditch the Deltas and get a set of Cibies with Phillips Xtreme Power bulbs...

I have the Cibies' in my '80 CJ, and they are nice!!

I adjusted the Deltas, and now they don't melt the dash board of smaller cars when I'm behind them.

I like to be able to see, but not at the expense of annoying other drivers.

Had a chance to really go over the TJ today, and I'm really impressed. The PO did an exceptional job.

The dealership gave me a folder over an inch thick, with every receipt and manual for almost everything installed on the rig!

I really like the "33 Engineering" skid plate and cross member.

At first, I thought it had a small T-case drop (which was weird, since it has an SYE)

Turns out the 33 Engineering skid is 2 piece, a cross member and a flat belly skid:

Crossmember:
TJcrossmember.jpg

Skid:
33engskid.jpg

(pics from an online install write up)

That means there is no need to support the drive train when removing the skid plates.

Mine also has the Skid Row oil/trans skid, very beefy!

Pic of underneath my TJ:

newTJ001.jpg

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
I too enjoy the build but it is really nice when you can find one that has been done we'll. Going this route is usually a little easier on the bank account too. Sweet TJ!

Much easier on the account! I picked up the Jeep for under blue book, and for much less than what the upgrades alone cost!

I'll settle for rebuilding our old CJ2A over the winter, and enjoy driving the TJ!

enumclaw

Wow - the next time I buy another Jeep ..

I am going to recruit you as my buyer!!! That is a very nice rig! Congrats!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12